• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Pictures Of Real Life!

Mustanglvr

I have a good collection of refrigerator magnets and 68 mustang parts ;)
No pics yet though.

GT/CS S Code

Anyone Christmas baking yet?

No kidding ...
Being the number one cook in our house I also do 99% of the baking too ... all throughout the year, not just for Christmas.
This is a fairly good one, was a big hit when I took some into work for the rest of the staff.
Mmmmmm .... good!
:grin:

Here is the recipe:

Almond Skillet Coffee Cake

3/4 cup butter
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Pinch salt
1 tablespoon almond extract
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 teaspoons sugar

Melt butter; cool. Add sugar and beaten eggs, one at a time. Add flour, salt and extract. Mix well, Pour into 9-10-inch foil lined skillet. Leave excess foil lapping. Sprinkle almonds over mixture. Press almonds with a fork into mix. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar over almonds. Bake at 350F 30-40 minutes.

Remove cake from skillet and cool completely before removing foil. The iron skillet is the secret to this recipe. Let cool before serving for best taste. Slice into 1/2 inch pieces. Serve with coffee.

Serves 8-10

Attachments

• Almond Skillet Coffee Cake 002.jpg
    Almond Skillet Coffee Cake 002.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Almond Skillet Coffee Cake 001.jpg
    Almond Skillet Coffee Cake 001.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Almond Skillet Coffee Cake 003.jpg
    Almond Skillet Coffee Cake 003.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 24

GT/CS S Code

Today's culinary delight ...

Further to my last post, my wife had a girlfriend of hers over for a weekend visit, so I made her brunch today. Vanilla French Toast with Bananas topped with cinnamon and powdered icing sugar ...
Any other "home chefs" out there with flour under their fingernails instead of oil and grease?
:grin:

Attachments

• French Toast brunch 001.jpg
    French Toast brunch 001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 17
  • French Toast brunch 002.jpg
    French Toast brunch 002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 23
  • French Toast brunch 003.jpg
    French Toast brunch 003.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 19

GT/CS S Code

... and ...

The other decadent favorite that I take into work that they beg for is a totally "loaded" version of Toll House Cookies ... full of Chocolate Chips and Pecans ...
:wink:

Attachments

• Toll House Cookies 003.jpg
    Toll House Cookies 003.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Toll House Cookies 002.jpg
    Toll House Cookies 002.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Toll House Cookies 001.jpg
    Toll House Cookies 001.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 23

GT/CS S Code

House calls ...

No, but I can at least give you the recipe!

Note: These are not exactly a DIET cookie!
:eek:

Al’s Killer Toll House Cookies

3 ½ cups of sifted flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. butter (or margarine or shortening)
18 tbsp. granulated sugar
18 tbsp. brown sugar
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. water
3 egg
1 package of chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped pecans

In a large bowl, sift the flour, soda and salt together and set aside.

In a separate bowl, combine the butter, the sugars, the vanilla, and the water. Beat until it’s well mixed and creamy. Beat the 3 eggs into the wet mixture, adding one at a time. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and mix it all well. Stir in the nuts and the chocolate chips. Drop by well rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. The recipe listed above makes a LARGE (triple) batch of cookies!

Note: I put the pecan nuts into our small food processor and I pulse it several times to break the nut pieces down into smaller pieces. I actually pulse the nuts for longer myself, making them into a kind of “nut puree”, and then add that mixture to the cookie dough before I add the chocolate chips. This gives the cookies a nice, “nutty” flavour, but without big chunks of nuts showing in the finished cookies.

Make them to your preference though …

Ruppstang

Thanks Al,
I am not much of a cook but I may give it a try. The kids are gone and the wife is on a diet so I do not get much of the good stuff! May be I can hide them from her. Marty

TraveledGTCS

Hey Gang, I have an idea (yeah I have a few now and then); how about a separate thread for our favorite and/or quick recepies we can share with each other???

One of mine is:

SMOKED SALMON DIP

This is a recipe which can be adapted to one's own tastes accordingly.

Package of Smoked Salmon - or home smoked
Container of Sour Cream - size depends on how strong one wants the flavor
Dab or two of Mayo (or salad dressing)
(Optional) Seasoning Salt (I use Johnny's, but I think it's a local product - Ms Dash may work, though I've never used it)

If you use a Package of Smoked Salmon, it will contain oil which it is packed in - save it for later use.
Mash, cut, tear or otherwise breakdown the salmon in a bowl
Add sour cream either a 8 or 16 oz amount depending on the party or how large the package of smoked salmon
Mix well, taste the mix first and this is where the oil from the package come in, if you want the mix strong salmon flavored add a little of the liquid;
If too strong add a dab or two or Mayo (or a squeeze or two from a squeeze bottle); also home smoked salmon may be dryer and will need more Mayo
Also flavor somewhat with the Seasoning Salt if desired

If you make it a day early, it's even better, gives more time to integrate the flavors - if it seems a bit thick the next day use Mayo to thin it out some

Goes good with about any chip, although a friends three daughters used to fight over eating it as is. I could make a gallon (not that I did) and they would sit and eat it like ice cream.

Bill

PonyGal

Hey Bill,

That's a great idea! Heaven knows we could all use a few good recipies this time of year!

Okay, now who's going to start it????????????

GT/CS S Code

I guess I'm elected ...

Well, I guess I got the ball rolling with my Almond Skillet Coffee Cake recipe, so I guess it's up to me to start a separate recipe thread?
I'll start one in a minute ...

GT/CS S Code

Hey Gang, I have an idea (yeah I have a few now and then); how about a separate thread for our favorite and/or quick recipes we can share with each other???

I started a new separate "favorite recipes" thread, so how about it? Anyone going to "jump in" and list a few of their best tried and true recipes for the rest of us to test?

hotrodgrany

I know I posted this some place, but me and Chip Foose and the others are by my 2 Stangs, Oh by the way a picture of me with my 05 silver Mustang GT

Attachments

• chip%20&%20me%20#2.JPG
    chip%20&%20me%20#2.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 30
  • !cid_006101c7d889$714ba310$d682214a@kathy.jpg
    !cid_006101c7d889$714ba310$d682214a@kathy.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 20
  • 40277_117529664964218_100001215550586_126846_7162483_n.jpg
    40277_117529664964218_100001215550586_126846_7162483_n.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 36
  • decals 07-Christmas 06-Shelby 500 061.jpg
    decals 07-Christmas 06-Shelby 500 061.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Dudes!!!
We lit off the lift today. My first attempt to drive on it launched it at my brother-in-law about 5 feet. Thank God it did not rip the power wire out of the wall. Anyway, my red truck named "puddin" was the first lift as a "crash test dummy". All want great as you can see! We will bolt it down!!

My cars are going to be some kinda clean underneath!!!

My dream come true for tranny work and all sorts of under the car work!!!

Rob

Check it out below!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9OfpJcK_MM

hookedtrout

Dudes!!!
We lit off the lift today. My first attempt to drive on it launched it at my brother-in-law about 5 feet. Thank God it did not rip the power wire out of the wall. Anyway, my red truck named "puddin" was the first lift as a "crash test dummy". All want great as you can see! We will bolt it down!!

My cars are going to be some kinda clean underneath!!!

My dream come true for tranny work and all sorts of under the car work!!!

Rob

Check it out below!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9OfpJcK_MM

That is freaking awesome Rob, so how much did the lift cost you all together? I've got a spot for one, talk me into it. Also does it go high enough to park under it with another vehicle?

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Cory,
It goes high enough for a Mustang to park under easily. $2,600.00!! Not high enough for a tall 4X4 truck. 70 inches max.

I have the trim rings and caps ready. Just need to find a box!

Rob

Midnight Special

Congratulations Rob! The video was just like bein' there :)

Kathy - Nice pictures!!

Al - These photos are for you! Did some shooting on the property today :)

Attachments

• ra4.jpg
    ra4.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 34
  • ra9a.jpg
    ra9a.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 30
  • ra1.jpg
    ra1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 28
  • ra3.jpg
    ra3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 29
  • ra2.jpg
    ra2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 27
  • ra9.jpg
    ra9.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 29
  • ra5.jpg
    ra5.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 27
  • ra7.jpg
    ra7.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 30
  • ra6.jpg
    ra6.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 27
  • ra8.jpg
    ra8.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 30

68 special

Rob, love the lift. Only problem I see is you live across the water, a little far for a day trip, guess I could throw a cot in!!! Truck and trailer on the ferry would cost as much as the lift. Enjoy it as I'm sure you will.

Bret