• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Pictures Of Real Life!

GT/CS S Code

Nice rack!

Nice Elk ... It's a good thing that you built such a nice big shop / garage, 'cause if he gets a full mount done of that monster he'll need to put it into your shop!
:grin:

hookedtrout

Nice Elk ... It's a good thing that you built such a nice big shop / garage, 'cause if he gets a full mount done of that monster he'll need to put it into your shop!
:grin:

That's exactly what I told him...there's plenty of room in the new shop! This is his second Pope and Young record book Bull Elk. I told him when he got the first one it was a once in a liftime bull, that was a bunch of bull...I won't tell him that again. This one is even bigger but the first one is a monster as well and he had a full head mount on it, was quite a task getting it into his house. Taxidermist said this one should score 370 Pope and Young.

Midnight Special

...With preparations underway for Reno National Championship Air Races, our son TJ has been assisting AT-6 Contest Chairman and pace pilot, Jim Booth who will manage 18 planes in his class of racing. TJ will then work ramp security with Renee "PonyGal" (who was recently promoted to a lead position) while I'm in the desert doing Pylon Press photography :)

'Looking forward to another fabulous time!

Attachments

• DSCN0635.jpg
    DSCN0635.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN0629a.jpg
    DSCN0629a.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0620a.jpg
    DSCN0620a.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 1741.jpg
    1741.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 36

Ruppstang

...With preparations underway for Reno National Championship Air Races, our son TJ has been assisting AT-6 Contest Chairman and pace pilot, Jim Booth who will manage 18 planes in his class of racing. TJ will then work ramp security with Renee "PonyGal" (who was recently promoted to a lead position) while I'm in the desert doing Pylon Press photography :)

You guys get to have all the fun! TJ your car looks smoken in that blue. Marty

hookedtrout

Looks like a blast, especially when you talk them into a little flight around the valley.

Midnight Special

Looks like a blast, especially when you talk them into a little flight around the valley.

Indeed Cory. It's even better when they offer... Being handy and helpful gets you some pretty awesome opportunities! The generosity and adventure of our "pilot" friends is the main inspiration for what we do with our Mustangs.
Anyone who is passionate, sincere (or even jealous) is often handed keys, briefed on "freeway formation" and encouraged to drive!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12609305@N08/sets/72157602952291718/

Marty, We're going to try & add the stripes in time for TJ to use the car as backdrop for his high school senior portraits.

aemoo28

GT/CS/SAAC 35/Infineon trip

We stopped to see Heather & Randy (blackpearl) in Boise. Here we are goofing off at the Boise Train Depot.
Myself & Heather, myself & JBart.
It's so wonderful how these cars have led me to meet such wonderful people all over the US. Going to these car shows presents new adventures with new friends.

Attachments

• heather & I Boise Aug 2010 resized.jpg
    heather & I Boise Aug 2010 resized.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 39
  • JB & I Boise Aug 2010 resized.jpg
    JB & I Boise Aug 2010 resized.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

68 special

And my wife says "it's just a car". She just doesn't get it. It's just a car that brings people closer together and makes for life long friendships. Some are a little goofier(Amy) than others, but we love'm just the same. Jbart looks like he's relaxing and fishing?

Bret:^)

Midnight Special

And my wife says "it's just a car". She just doesn't get it. It's just a car that brings people closer together and makes for life long friendships. Some are a little goofier(Amy) than others, but we love'm just the same. Jbart looks like he's relaxing and fishing?

Bret:^)

Amen!... And Bret, after driving Miss Amy across country like that - I'm surprized JBART's not snoozing!
;-)

aemoo28

Amen!... And Bret, after driving Miss Amy across country like that - I'm surprized JBART's not snoozing!
;-)

Um, it was ME that drove that magical beast last few hours before crashing into Boise at 230am. "It goes faster" he kept saying on the dark winding Nevada roads with only the stars to guide us.
Yes he's fishing.

PonyGal

Hey Tim,

I'm really looking forward to Reno next week. Oh my!!!! Is it coming up that soon already???? I have been so busy these past couple of weeks that I have lost track of time!! So much still to do before then!!! :icon_pani

Okay, next Saturday TJ and I will be doing the show in Grass Valley, and a few days later we need to re-group for Reno. I am looking forward to heading up security on my post, as well as spending five days amongst all those wonderful airplanes!! I'll be ready! :thumb:

aemoo28

What? Reno? Should I come back down? I have those 8 days off! We were just there at the Car Museum etc.

Where's my driver!!?? Let me get my driver!!! Jbart!

Midnight Special

What? Reno? Should I come back down? I have those 8 days off! We were just there at the Car Museum etc.

Where's my driver!!?? Let me get my driver!!! Jbart!

...Starts next Wednesday and runs through Sunday Amy. These guys do in the air what you & jbart do on the ground. "Fly low & fly fast"... The only rule is, it must be piston powered and have a propeller & only judging is, who can complete 8-laps and cross the finish line first. 'Lots of air show and parties in between :)

Brother Rob - there will be no less than FIVE P-38 Lightnings there this year! Biggest (type) gathering since the 1950's!

Attachments

• 1724.jpg
    1724.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 1763.jpg
    1763.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0265.jpg
    DSC_0265.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 1730.jpg
    1730.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 1648.jpg
    1648.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 1572.jpg
    1572.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 1577.jpg
    1577.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_03341.jpg
    DSC_03341.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Tim,
Five P-38's!! Wish my Dad was still alive! I would take him in a second.

I have been working my butt off, getting Kraig to WSU in Pullman WA., and finishing up stuff that did not get done during the summer. Too much goofing off I guess!

Now Kraig broke his foot, so we have him back for 5 weeks and then we will get him back to WSU! Little bit of a late start to his junior year of college. He is crushed as he is so dedicated to school, but we finally got him convinced it is just a blip in the scheme of life.

Garage is getting closer! Lights and power in the next week or so.

Rob

DSCN7306.jpg

hookedtrout

Well, I get power tomorrow, I've been stringing wire and installing outlets for the past two days and when I finished tonight, I counted how many outlets I had installed...15 quads for a total of 60 plug in spots!! And that won't be all of them, I'll install several on the outside along with some 30 ampers for the RV, one or two 220 outlets and then when I frame in my wood shop on the back end there will be more that go along the inside walls of that as well as some up top so there are some outlets on the upper floor. Should have no problem finding a place to plug anything in. Sure will be nice to have a powered garage door instead of having to get out and open it every time. Oh the luxuries of electricity.

Anyone have any recomendations for lighting? The lights will be 18' up so I need something that will light it up good from up high. Oh, and the kid gets to string those wires, I have no desire to go up in the rafters.

Rob, I love the way you did your roof, your's will certainly outshine mine from an appearance standpoint. Mine's just plain Jane 4 walls and a roof.

J.Bart

Well, I get power tomorrow, I've been stringing wire and installing outlets for the past two days and when I finished tonight, I counted how many outlets I had installed...15 quads for a total of 60 plug in spots!! And that won't be all of them, I'll install several on the outside along with some 30 ampers for the RV, one or two 220 outlets and then when I frame in my wood shop on the back end there will be more that go along the inside walls of that as well as some up top so there are some outlets on the upper floor. Should have no problem finding a place to plug anything in. Sure will be nice to have a powered garage door instead of having to get out and open it every time. Oh the luxuries of electricity.

Anyone have any recomendations for lighting? The lights will be 18' up so I need something that will light it up good from up high. Oh, and the kid gets to string those wires, I have no desire to go up in the rafters.

Rob, I love the way you did your roof, your's will certainly outshine mine from an appearance standpoint. Mine's just plain Jane 4 walls and a roof.

is it going to be heated???

hookedtrout

Not this winter, start framing and insulating the inside this winter and we'll see about heat in the future.

Mosesatm

Don't forget to put outlets in the soffits for Christmas lights!