• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 A new kid in town

J.Bart

is everyone putting these car show dates on the web site calender???? i'm losing track
we need to link a map the the calender dates.

rvrtrash

Ok, let's go! Bill, Steve, Brett, Dan, Jack (& dad), JBart, get your parade game on. It's a GT/CS caravan to Omak. Dinner & drinks!

Wait, is that Idaho? Utah? Someone help me- don't have a map or a brain tonight.

Omak is in Washington, and I would love to go, but have a previous engagement. If it would've been the weekend after, I could have done it. :sad:

Steve

aemoo28

Oh, in Wa. I knew that! Can't attend this dinner on the 9th. Drat. I have to go back to work.

Oh and BTW Jack, we sometimes veer from the subject at hand...

Diesel Donna

I like Arlie's photo of the Lime Gold Special with white stripes the best.:grin:

Welcome Jack and Dad!

CALIF GIRL

I like Arlie's photo of the Lime Gold Special with white stripes the best.:grin:

Gollly gee Donna, wonder why :icon_lol: I think I reconize that car from somewhere...Maybe I followed it for a few hundred miles one summer in my favorite Lime Gold (repainted Candy apple red) CS one August.

Welcome Jack (and Jack's Dad)

I think if I had seen a newly painted Lime Gold car when I was restoring mine I would have kept the color. But all I saw was the really old faded paint.

Jack this site has alot of info that will help you out. But when it comes down to what to do with your car rember it is your car and you are the one that has to like it.

Attachments

• 3GTCS.jpg
    3GTCS.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

GT/CS S Code

Welcome ...

Hi Jack ... (and Jack's Dad),
Welcome to the site and we hope that both you and your Dad will enjoy working on your new project car together. As mentioned by other folks previously, don't hesitate to ask for the advice of the many experienced GT/CS owners that post here, as they can save you a great deal of agony and frustration when you're trying to "put things right again" on a 41 year old car!
:eek:
There is just something very "special" (groan) about driving one of these older, classic cars compared to just getting from "A to B" in a brand new car. It's easy to fall in love with one of these 60's vehicles, whatever the reason it first caught your attention. Of course most of us older folks are just busy recapturing our younger years, and the many fond memories of driving these pony cars when they were contemporary. Our Candy Apple Red GT/CS has a great deal of sentimental value to my wife and I, but even if it didn't it's the type of car we'd WANT to own regardless! As a new driver you will have the opportunity to experiece driving a piece of automotive history and hopefully you will grow to love your GT/CS as much as the rest of us all love ours.
:wink:
Anyway, I hope that both you and your Dad will appreciate that your Mustang is a very scarce and unique model of car. When it's finished I can't wait until you get to experience that wonderful feeling when someone looks over at a car that you have laboured over for so many hours, with their envious eyes, and you just KNOW that they are wishing that they owned something 1/2 as nice.
:cool:
Keep us posted as to your ongoing progress, and hopefully you'll post some photos so that the rest of us can share in the experience with you both.
Cheers,
Al & Laurie Page
aka
GT/CS S Code

Attachments

• GT CS Calendar photo resized.jpg
    GT CS Calendar photo resized.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 18