• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

am i being to picky????

J.Bart

i have kept an eye on everything that the dealer is doing to my 08 gt/cs. when i called to see how things are going, they said the exhaust was out getting welded. i said wwhhhaaaatttt? no welding, i seen the instructions there isn't any welding required, what happened? when they cut the exhaust to install the x- pipe they cut it to short, they had it welded back together and then cut it in the right place. the clamp would cover the weld so i wouldn't be able to see it.
i believe they were trying ti slip it by me. i told them that isn't good enough, i want it done right according to the instructions. get this: they said that they would pull the exhaust off of one of the other cs cars use that one on mine, and put the other scabbed piece of junk on the other (brand new) cs car. i told them i don't care aslong as mine was done right. i should have told them no and order me a new one, but i didn't think it through. this is my first new car, i want things to be right, i can scab weld stuff on my own time. AM I OUT OF LINE???
now i'm getting treated like i'm a chevy guy at a ford dealer, they told me they could button it back up and i could take it somewhere else. if things don't change i'm going to put a vinyl stickers on my rear window stating my regrets of where i bought the car, so its fully displayed when i go to car shows.
thoughts wanted!!!! am i out of line?????

Midnight Special

JBART, I don't think you're out of line at all. It would also disturb me to think they would put the "scabbed" piece on another new CS! Personally, I would take your case to a higher level (Ford?) rather than the sign at car shows where other CS owners may feel de-valued... IMO

Mosesatm

i have kept an eye on everything that the dealer is doing to my 08 gt/cs. when i called to see how things are going, they said the exhaust was out getting welded. i said wwhhhaaaatttt? no welding, i seen the instructions there isn't any welding required, what happened? when they cut the exhaust to install the x- pipe they cut it to short, they had it welded back together and then cut it in the right place. the clamp would cover the weld so i wouldn't be able to see it.
i believe they were trying ti slip it by me. i told them that isn't good enough, i want it done right according to the instructions. get this: they said that they would pull the exhaust off of one of the other cs cars use that one on mine, and put the other scabbed piece of junk on the other (brand new) cs car. i told them i don't care aslong as mine was done right. i should have told them no and order me a new one, but i didn't think it through. this is my first new car, i want things to be right, i can scab weld stuff on my own time. AM I OUT OF LINE???
now i'm getting treated like i'm a chevy guy at a ford dealer, they told me they could button it back up and i could take it somewhere else. if things don't change i'm going to put a vinyl stickers on my rear window stating my regrets of where i bought the car, so its fully displayed when i go to car shows.
thoughts wanted!!!! am i out of line?????

Try talking to the sales manager. Even though it's a service issue the sales manager has a vested interest in keeping you happy, and can usually put a lot of pressure on Service. If that doesn't work get the name of the area or regional service manager, and sales manager.

hookedtrout

I would agree that you are not being too picky. I would have told them go ahead and button it up, don't expect any payment and not only will I take it somewhere else for the work I'll buy somewhere else next time as well. Then I would contact Ford and express your issue.

A couple of stories of mine own with dealerships.

I bought a used Explorer years ago and it had keyless entry. I was not given the combination when I made the purchase nor was I given the cartridge for the 6 disc CD changer so I went back to the dealership and asked for both along with an extra key fob for the doors. They quoted me $50 apiece for each of the 3 items including giving me the combination for the keyless entry for total of $150. I told them to shove it and left. I called Ford to see if they could give me the master code based on the vin number. They asked me why the dealership wouldn't give me the code and where I purchased the vehicle so I told them and they asked if I could hold. When they came back on line it was a 3 way conversation with the dealership, amazingly the dealership was more than happy to accomodate my every need, free this time just as fast as I could get there.

During another outing I stopped into the local Ford dealership to buy a new F150 and while there bought my wife a new Ford Probe. Purchased two new vehicles the same day. Several years later I traded both in for two more new vehicles of the same make. A few years later we decided it was time to move up (kids and a boat) from the little Probe to an Explorer for room and towing capacity. Stopped in to the dealership to trade in the Probe and was told the Probe was worth nothing even though it was only two years old with under 50K. I told them to give me some numbers and all they could say was the Probe was $#!+ and the new Explorer was diamonds and gold, I again asked for some numbers to no avail. I walked out went to Pocatello Idaho for a spring fair to buy the boat and stopped at the Ford dealership while there, they loved my Probe GT and gave me a great deal on a trade for an Explorer, I was very happy. I later received a letter from Ford inquiring why I had passed 3 Ford dealerships between my home address and the one I made the purchase. I shared my experience and the number of new vehicles I had purchased previously at the local dealership. Wasn't long and I got a very appologetic call from the local dealership along with a really nice letter in the mail. Pays to put them in their place on occassion.

Cory

Mosesatm

I would agree that you are not being too picky. I would have told them go ahead and button it up, don't expect any payment and not only will I take it somewhere else for the work I'll buy somewhere else next time as well. Then I would contact Ford and express your issue.

A couple of stories of mine own with dealerships.

I bought a used Explorer years ago and it had keyless entry. I was not given the combination when I made the purchase nor was I given the cartridge for the 6 disc CD changer so I went back to the dealership and asked for both along with an extra key fob for the doors. They quoted me $50 apiece for each of the 3 items including giving me the combination for the keyless entry for total of $150. I told them to shove it and left. I called Ford to see if they could give me the master code based on the vin number. They asked me why the dealership wouldn't give me the code and where I purchased the vehicle so I told them and they asked if I could hold. When they came back on line it was a 3 way conversation with the dealership, amazingly the dealership was more than happy to accomodate my every need, free this time just as fast as I could get there.

During another outing I stopped into the local Ford dealership to buy a new F150 and while there bought my wife a new Ford Probe. Purchased two new vehicles the same day. Several years later I traded both in for two more new vehicles of the same make. A few years later we decided it was time to move up (kids and a boat) from the little Probe to an Explorer for room and towing capacity. Stopped in to the dealership to trade in the Probe and was told the Probe was worth nothing even though it was only two years old with under 50K. I told them to give me some numbers and all they could say was the Probe was $#!+ and the new Explorer was diamonds and gold, I again asked for some numbers to no avail. I walked out went to Pocatello Idaho for a spring fair to buy the boat and stopped at the Ford dealership while there, they loved my Probe GT and gave me a great deal on a trade for an Explorer, I was very happy. I later received a letter from Ford inquiring why I had passed 3 Ford dealerships between my home address and the one I made the purchase. I shared my experience and the number of new vehicles I had purchased previously at the local dealership. Wasn't long and I got a very appologetic call from the local dealership along with a really nice letter in the mail. Pays to put them in their place on occassion.

Cory

And Ford wonders why they are on the verge of bankruptcy.

gazrox

I bought a new Ford Explorer once and only once - it wasn't a great experience. I'll stick to my old mustangs thanks and they'll never see the inside of a Ford service centre, that is for sure!

I have purchased Nissan Pathfinders for last few years - wow, what a difference.

We would probably be shocked to find out what really goes on in a service shop - I'm sure that recycling is rather common for the unsuspecting cutomer, but who would check welds on an exhaust? Very sly!

BroadwayBlue

And Ford wonders why they are on the verge of bankruptcy.

Funny you say that I had an interesting experience recently.

I emailed Ford Customer Service for a 999 History Report. Everytime I called it seemed like I was on hold or the computer was down or something.

So I decided to email them.

They emailed me personally with updates and called me personally with updates with the same info in the emails! Maybe they're trying to turn things around. I was shocked!

Something of note on this - they told me because of the year of my car they needed to send it to a third party group to get the information. I wonder if it's Kevin Marti now.

rvrtrash

when i called to see how things are going, they said the exhaust was out getting welded. i said wwhhhaaaatttt? no welding, i seen the instructions there isn't any welding required, what happened? when they cut the exhaust to install the x- pipe they cut it to short, they had it welded back together and then cut it in the right place. the clamp would cover the weld so i wouldn't be able to see it.
QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the exhaust on the new cars' stainless steel, and if so, wouldn't welding create a rust/failure point? I don't think you're out of line and for them to suggest they'll take the exhaust off a new car is just ridiculous. I'd definately call Ford directly and relate the story, and never shop there again.

Steve

aemoo28

JBART, what state are you in? You're scaring me! I'm gonna have to install a camera or voice recorder when my car goes in for louvers and supercharger!

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

aemoo28,
i am in east idaho, and i would record your mileage and watch them like a hawk
i ended up calling ford's 800 customer service line, i didn't think it would amount to anything. but when i talked to my salesman yesterday, he told me that he got docked because of the call. he didn't say if it was monetary, or browny points. but i went up today and checked, i saw the welded exhaust pipe on the other cs (its the red one) and mine looks great. i can't believe they put that welded exhaust on that brand new cs. my salesman told me that i would have been told that they cut my pipes short and they had to weld them up. i really don't believe them, i think they would have tried to slip it by me. i wonder if they will tell the new owner of the red cs that his pipes are scabbed welded.

aemoo28

So when we buy a new car, we should request they put it up so we can see the underside. What has this world come to? I'm still mifffed because when they bolted holes for my front plate, they were not level, hence I have a crooked front plate which bothers me to no end. Picture a black car with black tinted windows and a stark white WA plate on the nose which is NOT LEVEL. I asked for them to fix it, and of course this involved drilling new holes in the car. When they looked up their stock inventory, the only other black GTCS they ordered for '08 was an automatic. So my car has a fault.
Do you remember my new member thread, and I included the 2nd sticker price for my car as being $42k? Of course I didn't pay this; but when I went in last week there was this Shelby-H 350 that had a 2nd sticker price of
$40k. Same year, but my CS costs more than a Shelby? The salesman had nothing to say about that. The more I hear, the more I'm not trusting Ford.

franklinair

There are mechanics, and there are mechanics. Whether they work for Ford, GM, or your neighborhood shop you (we) are at their mercy. At least with a dealership there is more accountability for quality repairs through the corporate offices. A lesson learned - don't go there anymore. There are good shops & mechanics around. You just have to find them & stick with them.

Neil

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

So when we buy a new car, we should request they put it up so we can see the underside. What has this world come to? I'm still mifffed because when they bolted holes for my front plate, they were not level, hence I have a crooked front plate which bothers me to no end. Picture a black car with black tinted windows and a stark white WA plate on the nose which is NOT LEVEL. I asked for them to fix it, and of course this involved drilling new holes in the car. When they looked up their stock inventory, the only other black GTCS they ordered for '08 was an automatic. So my car has a fault.
Do you remember my new member thread, and I included the 2nd sticker price for my car as being $42k? Of course I didn't pay this; but when I went in last week there was this Shelby-H 350 that had a 2nd sticker price of
$40k. Same year, but my CS costs more than a Shelby? The salesman had nothing to say about that. The more I hear, the more I'm not trusting Ford.

did you pay more than sticker for yours? i heard back east that they were adding $5000.00 to the cs like the shelby gt500.

fraklinair,
unfortunately i'm stuck, i have to get all the fr packs installed before i take the car. (warrenty) if i take the car somewhere else, i'm accepting delvery of the car

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

ok update:
the dealership sure doesn't know us gt/cs owners very well.
i was walking out of wingers the other day. a red 08 gt/cs pulled into the parking lot. we talked, and checked out each others cars. she was from lava hot springs, 60 miles away. i went on my merry way, and then thought? no way!!! i went and looked under her car and it was the same red gt/cs that courtesy swapped my exhaust with. the scab welded exhaust. i went into arby's and told her my little story, and she replied: and its on my car?
the dealership told me that they would inform whom ever bought the red one that the exhaust wasn't factory. well, big surprise lol they didn't. she was more upset than i thought she would be. she went and had a chat with the dealer. now i was told at "chrome in the dome" that the infamous exhaust pipe is now on a white gt/cs. it apparently has been sold, i couldn't find it on the lot. so i will keep a lookout for a white cs.

franklinair

Amazing, and simply unbelievable. Does someone know how to forward this thread to FORD? That dealership should be reprimanded by FORD, and the new car owners' cars made correct.

Neil

Perkchiro

You know, any one of us here would have done the right thing, scraped the ruined exhaust and ordered and installed a new one. That dealership has no integrity at all. I wouldn't tolerate that kind of treatment. They are a very poor representative dealership for Ford.

franklinair

Rich mentioned earlier that he e-mailed Ford Customer Service.
Does anyone know how this entire thread could be e-mailed to Ford, and see what (if any) their response would be?

Neil

aemoo28

did you pay more than sticker for yours? i heard back east that they were adding $5000.00 to the cs like the shelby gt500.

I paid less than the 2nd sticker of $42K. I had my check written, my boots tapping, and eye on the clock for my exam at noon. I told them to stop the bull and give me my car for $32K. Wrote the check for $36K with all the extra stuff and made it to my exam on time.