• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Barrett Jackson cars

Mosesatm

Therear panel of the car did not fit correctly. The lower bumpers on each side of the license plate were missing. The gas cap was recessed more than normal. Maybe the car got rearended and had work done - explaining now the missing stripe??? Just a thought.

IIRC the recessed gas cap is OK, and is quite rare. Paul may need to fill in the details but there was a thread here quite a while ago about some early tail light panels that caused the recessed gas cap.

BroadwayBlue

This was lot 420 and they're up to Lot 416 now on the replay on Speed TV - now I need to stay up and see this one.

I'm never going to get up for work in the morning :grin:

BroadwayBlue

I just watched the replay on Speed on the Seafoam Green car.

j4tuna is correct, there was no stripe or Mustang logo on the trunk of the car. (not that I was doubting - just had to see it for myself)
Edit - I looked back at the video and there is a Mustang logo but no stripes.

The pictures on the BJ site do show them and they were there in pictures I found from the 2006 auction.
Wonder what happened since the last auction.

I have to go back and watch the recording on my DVR tomorrow and take a closer look.

Didn't the owner that bought the car in 2006 try to sell it on eBay for a long time?
Would be interesting to see pictures from the eBay auctions if anyone has them.

Still seemed to be a pretty clean car even though.

Last edited:

gt bandit

Ok - I am confused

How can an X code CS sell for 18000 , when it was advertised for 37000 only weeks earlier.

Also i have seen J code CS selling for an average of 20k

I think BJ prices might be Bogus ??????????

shaun

rananim

Whoa! I'm glad I ducked that bullet by failing to enter my car in time. Really sorry to hear that the cars did not sell for more, for obvious reasons. Hopefully, those who "stole" the cars will make an effort to restore them before offering them up for aution in the future.

Sven

Midnight Special

...Or, in the case of the 390 @ $18K- just drive & enjoy it for awhile.
Heck Sven; then w/ the J Code fetching $40K - you may have been pleasantly suprised w/ yours :) We just never know...

Last edited:

rananim

I don't know about the 390 - I had one in an XR-7 years ago with a top loader and it scared the hell out me! It was also a little front heavy and had a really stiff suspension. My car is a blast to drive, but I can't afford to scratch it up, etc. in its current condition. That should be a lesson to those who started out wanting a fun driver and got carried away with the restoration.

Midnight Special

I don't know about the 390 - I had one in an XR-7 years ago with a top loader and it scared the hell out me! It was also a little front heavy and had a really stiff suspension. My car is a blast to drive, but I can't afford to scratch it up, etc. in its current condition. That should be a lesson to those who started out wanting a fun driver and got carried away with the restoration.

..I have the two 390s and they're awesome, tho do require more caution. Their careful operation should go w/o saying (no shopping center parking lots, gravel roads, keep good maintenance etc...) My experience is the best & most pleasurable way to "show" them has to do w/ getting caught in the act of doing what you love - driving them :) I haven't scratched one yet, knock on "hood" ;-)

Last edited: