• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Carburetor choice

franklinair

Well, I've decided to replace the carb on my CS 302. There's some morphodite jury rig on there now.

I'm considering Edelbrock 500-600 CFM electric choke, Autolite 4100, Autolite 4300.

Its a stock 302, C8 intake, dual exhaust, PertronixIII ign.

Suggestions, recommendations?

Neil

Mosesatm

Neil,
I recently purchased a '66 4100 then found out that it doesn't seem to have a timed port for the vacuum advance.

My vote would be the Edelbrock in the 500cfm range.

Maine gt/cs

My vote is for the Edelbrock. I have one on my rebuilt stock 302. I just bolted it on the manifold and fired the car up and it runs perfect. I have about 1200 miles on the motor now and the carburetor is just fine. Very responsive.

Tim

robert campbell

Edelbrock is a fine choice and dirt simple. They work great. Not as adjustable for high performance stuff, but great on a daily driver. A good 4100 is hard to beat. The 4300 is a bit quirky IMO.

Rob

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Thanks guys. Just ordered an Edelbrock 500CFM, electric choke. I've used Edelbrock on my last 2 Mustangs, plus Peggy's '57 T-Bird (it has a 302 & C4 A/T). I'm sure 500CFM is quite adequate for a stock 302.

Neil

teamlo

I know you already ordered the carb Neil, but I am using a Holley Street Avenger 570 cfm, electric choke, vacuum secondaries. I love it! All I had to do to it was adjust the choke pull off (was taking a little too long to come off right out of the box). Otherwise it's been a dream. I had an Autolite 4300 done by a well known outfit and it never ran well at all.

Have fun!

Terry