• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Carburetor

green56

I am having problems with my carb ever sense i had it rebult the company would not stand behind it. Know i would like to replace the carb send this to Rob if he stills rebuiled them. I could use a rebuilt one or a new one the car is a 289 2bbl carb if some one out their has one and wants to sell let me know.If some one says that some one in Tex or NM that is a no no

OP
OP
G

green56

Carb

With all the missing i been haveing we found that the distrib braker plate was bad had to replace it found that it improved the hesitation to almost nothing it also helped the water temp so by replacing the distrib it took care of two things but we are going to change jets in carb to see if it will improve the rest was surprised that it fix the problem know

Mosesatm

That makes sense. If the breaker plate wasn't turning the timing wouldn't advance causing the car to run poor and hot.

It should run at around 36* advance at 3000rpm. An adjustable timing light is a wonderful tool for such tasks.

OP
OP
G

green56

carb problems

After wwe replaced the distrib we got in to the carb found that the float was set to low adjusted the float level well that took the rest of the hesitation out now i have to look at the auto choke to see if that is working found that it was stuck but will check. After you send your carb in to Pony Carb and spend $300 to get it fix and you find that the carb was out of adjustment with all this you wounder if a gt of mineral spirts and a rebuiling kit would have done better and doing it your self

OP
OP
G

green56

carb

Would like to know if Rob would rebuild the carb that i bought off of ebay?
would need address wereto send thanks Tom

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I had my Bronco's Motorcraft 2100 recently rebuilt by Rob's Carburetor here in Phoenix. I'll hopefully have it reinstalled shortly to form an opinion of their work. They come highly recommended by locals. It's one of those total hole in the wall places. Their web site doesn't even work, but they seem to know what they're doing.

I only mention it in case Rob isn't still rebuilding them. If he is then he would be your first choice I think.

robert campbell

Tom,
I can help you, but proper tuning is a balance of timing, carb setting, and other factors. I can wet set this carb on a 289 and know it is good, but then it becomes your responsibility to ensure the engine is sound, has no air leaks, and other things. My e-mail is robvalcampbell@comcast.net. I prefer to communicate that way if you want to go further.

Rob

OP
OP
G

green56

carburetor

Rob do you still rebuild carb if i send you one would you fix it it looks like in bad shape if you give me your address i woulld send it to you
Thanks Tom From WI