• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Color Importance?

msark

Yesterday I bought 8R01C142542 which was factory gold w/black. Needs paint and interior. How important is keeping the original color if the repaint and interior are to "nice restored driver" condition? Thanks.....

case12

This question falls under, "should I keep my CS original or change it" which is a most common question on this site. Summary is that it is a very debated topic, and most of the time ends with "it's your CS, enjoy it".

But, being the owner of a Sunlit Gold CS, I could not imagine any other color being better! Casey :cool:

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

Congratulations on your purchase!

As Casey said, it all comes down to what you want. You may get 10 different opinions but bottom line is it's your CS and you need to do what you want. Good Luck!

p.s. that's a pretty low VIN - do you have the Marti Report with the build date? Just curious to know what it was.

luisa2552

It also depends on what you plan on doing with the car. If you are going to show it or sell it you'll want it original as possible. While I agree one should do with the pleases with their cars, I'm a fan of keeping it as original as possible.

zozobra

Barrett Jackson 2007 Scottsdale GT500

There was a person near our group's cars at the 2007 Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale with a 1967 GT500, auction number 1565.1, who told me he changed the color of the car from its original Ivy Gold to black because he thought it looked better in black. Apparently everyone else thought so because it went for $290k. I don't think the color change mattered at that venue, but the guy was quite the salesman as well.