• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Fake Marti reports????

J.Bart

i have heard that there are marti reports being faked????
has anyone came across one of these?
i guess the answer is to spend the money to verify with marti if your considering buying
a GT/CS, or any ford /mercury car.

Doug

I guess that if they can fake money Marti Reports can be faked. Just another reason of buyers beware and do your homework. Thanks JBART.

BTW where did you hear this?

robert campbell

Jbart,
With the value of special Mustangs, this is bound to happen I guess. I have heard of none. Where did you here of this?

Rob

aemoo28

OH Mike G what have you started...

This came by way of my friend Mike in an email sent out. I've not heard of this, but I'm sure it's possible. I will ask him to clarify.

franklinair

In this day of computers, Photo Shop, etc. its entirely possible. If ever contemplating purchasing a HCS or GT/CS, its well worth the $20+/- to get the quick report from Marti. They can FAX it in 24 hours.
Its even possible to forge a car. All you need is a donor car and the dash VIN plate and a set of numbering stamps

Neil

dpheyes

Slightly off subject, but can you get a replacement VIN plate? Mine is beat up and faded. 40+ years in the desert will do that to you!

Ruppstang

You can get a new door tag from Marti but the VIN tag is not avaible. You can get the new black decal that surounds it though. Marty

Ruppstang

NPD has it part#D-MC205 $15. Others may have it. I had a NPD catalog by the computer. Marty

PonyGal

I was at a car show today and was talking to a guy who told me that a "friend of his" could "re-create any paperwork you may need to authenticate your Mustang". He asked if I had any original paperwork to prove that my Mustang was a true California Special. He said that if I did I should hold onto it "for dear life", but if I needed anything, just let him know.

I told him that I was extreamly confident in the authenticity of my car, and I did not need anything that he could provide. He really pissed me off and I told him that he should not be broadcasting what he can "provide" at a car show like that. I guess he figured since I was a female that I would not know as much about the cars as I did. He did not talk to me for the rest of the show even though he was only a few cars down from me, and he left REALLY early! Maybe I should have taken his information just to turn him in. Hindsight is 20/20! But, if I do see him again, you can bet I will get as much info as I can!!

So, bottom line, if you are truely considering buying a GT/CS, please invest in your own Marti Report!! Or, check the car out with everyone here on this website!!!

Midnight Special

...Boy, is he lucky he talked to You Renee. If I was there and saw that - I would guaran(gawddamn)tee you he would never pull that stunt again!!

What car did he have entered and WHAT did he look like?? There's a few more local shows before this year is out...

PonyGal

You know Tim, I was so shocked that he even mentioned what his friend could do that I did not even pay much attention to him. He had a red '69 (?) Camero a few cars away from me, but I definitely would recognize him if I saw him again. So, if I do, I will "play the dumb female" and get more info from him (as hard as that may be!!!).

Midnight Special

You know Tim, I was so shocked that he even mentioned what his friend could do that I did not even pay much attention to him. He had a red '69 (?) Camero a few cars away from me, but I definitely would recognize him if I saw him again. So, if I do, I will "play the dumb female" and get more info from him (as hard as that may be!!!).

...Probably best that you don't play into it. You wouldn't want the possible reputation as someone who could be interested in that sort of fraud...
Sneak a photo or two of him, his car, license plate, et-al and a name if you talk to him again...