• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Firewall Insulation

Mosesatm

Who makes the best reproduction firewall pad for heat and noise reduction, or am I better off using one of the many aftermarket products?

Thanks

CougarCJ

I am not sure, but I can share that the insulation suppliers for Dearborn and San Jose was different. We get asked for 'good used' San Jose insulation on a regular basis. Primarily for the Shelby crowd. We never have anything worth piecing together.

speedy02

Did it fit well?
For the most part, it did. I had to trim some areas. I also used cardboard to trace out the driver's side of the pad. If I remember correctly the washer foot pedal didn't have the holes cut out. You will need a good pair of scissors to cut the Jute. Make sure you buy extra rubber plugs. I did bust one trying to get it in. The only plug that gave me fits was the one in the middle of the heater box. It pulled out when installing the box back into place. I did spray a little adhesive around the open area of the firewall to keep the pad in place and the plug didn't pop out during install. Not sure if you have a pad installed currently in your car but the Vintage Mustang link below shows both driver and passenger side installed.

Scissors