• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Gas in Seattle is $1.95!

aemoo28

I could NOT believe my eyes when I saw the gas price at my local station! I'm not kidding! It said $1.95. Across the street at Chevron it was $1.97!

Anyone else notice this around the States?

Mosesatm

I could NOT believe my eyes when I saw the gas price at my local station! I'm not kidding! It said $1.95. Across the street at Chevron it was $1.97!

Anyone else notice this around the States?

$2.25 in Omak

GTCS95616

I purchase gasoline for $1.83 here in California! Have also seen it as low as $1.79. What is really amazing is that, for once, the price of gasoline in California is at the national average (rather than above) that is discussed on the news.

davidathans

so, if the gas companies can afford to drop the price of gas by more than half....what does that say about the last 8 years when everyone was getting f'd ?

I don't fully understand this...is there more to it than just plain old price gouging? Is the reason that gas is cheaper now because its an election year? and/or the dollar is getting stronger? i have heard various reasons...but i think they were just raping us the last 8 years because they could, but im young and ignorant...can someone who might know the truth or might be more educated touch on this subject?

or should i just be thankful that i can afford to drive my mustang that gets 5 mpg now? :)

rvrtrash

David, I believe it was the commodities brokers who drove the price up, and the oil companies just benefited from it. It's the same if the guys buying and selling wheat drive the price to double. They bought futures at $5.00 a bushel and sold it at $10.00 so they make money, and the wheat farmers get paid a higher price for their crop. Of course it's more complicated than that, but that's the Readers Digest version.

I just paid $1.67 a gallon last night, and it wasn't the cheapest place in the area.

Arlie, are you home for the holidays?

Steve

68gt390

It's currently at $1.46 here in Columbus. WOW - the car is coming out this afternoon. Clear and 36 degrees. Time to cruise a little.

Don :grin:

karolscali

up here in alberta canada we are paying 80 cents a litre, calculate to about $2.40 a gallon our gallon is a little bigger, the part that is hard to take alberta is sitting on all this oil we refine it pipeline it out, and we still pay more. i think speculators artifically enflate pricing,to make there money to instill the market and we pay in the end result, thats all i got to say about that.

sam

$1.74/gallon for regular in New Hampshire..................that's what I'm talkin about !
Sam

hotrodgrany

As of yesterday, it was $1.71, but I am still driving on highter priced gas yet. Had to get her out once again today, was great here today. The other day I got her out and went out of town just let her go, always a great feeling.

J.Bart

idaho

ok in east idaho at maverick reg $1.67 prem. $1.87
anyone think that the gas prices has been manipulated over the last 8 or 9 years?
how long has it been since the gas started heading over a buck and a half?

68CaliSp

The last time I remember gas being this cheap was back when my parents still had our jet boat and that was more than half my lifetime ago in 1995.

Mosesatm

David, I believe it was the commodities brokers who drove the price up, and the oil companies just benefited from it. It's the same if the guys buying and selling wheat drive the price to double. They bought futures at $5.00 a bushel and sold it at $10.00 so they make money, and the wheat farmers get paid a higher price for their crop. Of course it's more complicated than that, but that's the Readers Digest version.

I just paid $1.67 a gallon last night, and it wasn't the cheapest place in the area.

Arlie, are you home for the holidays?

Steve

Yep, spending a few days in North Central Washington, hoping it doesn't snow much on the passes.

rvrtrash

Yep, spending a few days in North Central Washington, hoping it doesn't snow much on the passes.

It's snowing pretty good here. I was out having a snowball fight with my grandkids earlier. If you make it over this way, stop by.

Steve