• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS For Sale In Texas

BroadwayBlue

I have seen this one out there recently.

Did you check out the collection of cars in the "garage/hangar" in the background?

Like a toy or candy store!!!

Mosesatm

Those are the standard Lucas posts that came with the lights. They were also used on the '68 Shelbys.

Midnight Special

Attachments

• IM001864.JPG
    IM001864.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

I'm sure this has been talked about but can someone tell me why so many CS's have the tiny square foglight posts? Did some come that way or is it an incorrect restoration.

I actually think what happened is when our cars were recalled to be refitted with the lucas lights at the dealerships is when these square chrome fittings came into play. Most of the dealerships really didn't know how they were to be mounted or fitted to the car. They figured since the shelby's used them the CS was more than likely going to use them also.

Don

luisa2552

So I'm still not clear on the foglight posts. Why do only some cars have the square posts but most seem to have the cylinder posts??

BroadwayBlue

Sara,

See Don's post.

The belief is that when the Marchal lights (no posts) were recalled and replaced with the Lucas lights (with posts) some dealers installed them using the posts that the Shelby's used (square).

The GT/CS and HCS were designed to have the cylinder posts with the Lucas lights.

So the dealers either didn't realize it or ran out of the cylinders and used the square Shelby style instead.

Flgtcs

Vindication! I can finally explain why my car has the square posts rather than the cylider ones!! I can't tell you what a pain in the rear it was trying to explain that away to people who took one look at the pedastals and say "Hey, that's not an authentic CS."

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

That's what happens when you have "human error" involved with putting these cars together, left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. It does however make for interesting conversations when talking about our cars.

Don :cool: