• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hi, Introducing myself, Joining in...

csgt428

Hi, My name is Grant Hatch and I'd like to introduce myself to all here on this site. I bought my GT/CS back in 1976. It's been off the road since 77 due to an accident. I've owned a lot of Mustangs over the years but this is the only one I've decided to never sell! (sold it once..traded actually, and got it back wrecked) I found this forum a few years back but just bookmarked it as I was busy with other projects. Please forgive.... Grant

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0586.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0585.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

Hi Grant!

Welcome aboard!!
If you've visited here you know this is a great site with great people.

Tell us more about the car and your future plans with it.

68gt390

Welcome aboard Grant. It's always nice to have another CS join the group. I see you also have one of the few "S" code 4 speed cars. I hope to have mine back on the road by next week. New motor should be in by Tuesday. From the pictures you posted I'd say your well on your way to putting her back together. Good luck with your resto. You'll find this site has a great group of folks with a lot of knowledge about our cars. Again, welcome aboard.

Don :grin:

case12

Welcome Grant. I think you will find this to be a great bunch - always willing to help with any question. Sorta like a virtual family with open arms. Tell us more about your GTCS. How did you get it in 76? What are you doing with engine now? Thanks, Casey

still looking for one

Hi,

This is "THE" right place for help and camaraderie. Per your Marti report, you have a REAL desirable hot rod there. It will be awesome when it's finished.

Be sure and get a uniform (GT/CS t shirt or Polo shirt), custom made for yourself. From the administrator or from Sharon at horsedesigns.com
They will work with you and get you just what you want. Check past posts.

Welcome, and thanks for the pictures. Great Marti report.

OP
OP
C

csgt428

Thanx for the welcome, sounds like some great guys here. To answer a few of the questions...... I first saw the GT/CS at the house of a friends brother. I never would have found it on my own as they lived way out in the country and weren't driving the car. It belonged to the brothers wife. She said it needed some engine work and eventually agreed to sell it to me for $800. This was in 1976. I pulled one head and put a couple of used exhaust valves in, lapped them and called it good. A couple weeks later I was racing up river and spun the bearings over-revving the engine. I think that was right after I put a Holley carb on it and started driving it pretty aggressively. I limped it into the wrecking yard and sold the engine for $75. I swapped the rest to a friend for a 65 GT fastback with a rebuilt 289 4V. I had a lot of fun with that one. I used to go fill up on aviation gas at the airport on fridays and race everyone with a muscle car all weekend. The only two races I lost were to a 69 Mach I 428cj that passed me running on only 6 or 7 cylinders and to a Dodge Demon with really low gears..... Actually I didn't really lose...I flew past him at around 90 mph right after putting it in third. I had 2.80's in the fastback so I always told people I raced that I needed a running start. Heh Heh. Anyway, the wife of the guy I did the swap with wrecked the GT/CS a year later and I bought it back for $400. It's been off the road ever since. A few years ago I heard about a computerized frame machine a local repair shop had and after a little research decided to let them straighten out the rear end. I'd been collecting parts over the years and had decided to go all 428cj drivetrain this time around. The engine is a 69 428cj from a Merc Cyclone. It's been balanced/blueprinted, forged pistons, Ebok heads, Porto-Sonic intake and custom cammed by AJ Kautzman of Spokane. The 4-sp is a big in/out from a Stang and for now it has a 31 spline N-case 3.91 detroit locker for a rear. The rest of the car is pretty much stock. I did change the spring rates and put a factory competition susp 15/16 sway bar on. I'm thinking it will handle pretty well now considering the weight loss with the aluminum top end. Future plans include subframe connectors and improved handling and suspension components.......And a kick ass sound system....fuel injection..? Hmmmnn

Midnight Special

Welcome Grant. Boy! Nice to see another 4-speed S-code on the rise! Below is the one I had in high school. ...Did the "airport gas" thing too as you :) Raced, played and let it go w/ regret like you too. But now; it's on its way to concourse in the hands of member, "Something Special" !

Attachments

• cs2.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IM000551.JPG
    IM000551.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 32

Midnight Special

still looking for one said:
Hi,

This is "THE" right place for help and camaraderie.

Be sure and get a uniform (GT/CS t shirt or Polo shirt), custom made for yourself. From the administrator or from Sharon at horsedesigns.com
They will work with you and get you just what you want. Check past posts.

;-) ;-) ;-)

Attachments

• flylow.jpg
    flylow.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 25

marie68csmustangs

Welcome Grant.. We're a big happy family here so feel free and discuss just about anything... Hope that you enjoy all this site has to offer.

Marie

PFSlim

Grant

I wanted to welcome you to the site as well. Looks like a great car. As stated before, there is some experience here at this site that is always willing to help someone putting their GT/CS back together. Please let us know if there is something we can do to help and again, welcome to the site!!

Paul

Mustanglvr

Welcome to the site and to the family Grant! Its always good to have new people here. Rhonda

scott adams

Hi Grant I live not to far froum you just out side of pendleton OR.
I hope you have good pair of driving gloves on when you start that up.

rvrtrash

I didn't realize you were that close Scott. I don't feel so all alone way out here any more.
Steve