• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Latest Mustang Purchase

GTCSMustang

Thanks to Mr. Bob Teets, I am now the new owner of a 1968 High Country Special. Mr. Teets was gracious enough to make the initial contact between me and the former owner, which eventually resulted in me buying the car. The car came out of South Dakota, which is where it has been all its life. The owner I bought the car from had owned it since January of 1970. Completely rust free car that still has its original paint and interior.

Specifics on the car are:

Candyapple Red Paint
Black Décor Bucket Seats
Denver DSO
3.50 Standard Axle Ratio
C-6 Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic
GT Equipment Group
F70X14 Belted Traction Tires
Console (upper and lower)
Power Disc Brakes
Power Steering
AM Radio
Interior Décor Group
Tinted Glass
428 Cobra Jet – 4V (factory)

Built on 18 July 1968

Thanks again Bob!!

Attachments

• DSC00024.JPG
    DSC00024.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00025.JPG
    DSC00025.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 70

390cs68rcode

OK, now I'm jealous.

I am sure all of you noticed it is a 428!

I'm getting dizzy, I think I'm about the pass out. :tongue:

Last edited:
OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Yep, original paint, as in never been painted. Got a few marks in it, but very, very nice.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
WOW is right! :eek: Nice purchase. That car may be quite literally a once in a lifetime opportunity. Congrats!

I'm a little suprised Bob didn't pick that one up himself. It would have made a nice twin to his other Red 428 HCS. :wink:

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

My car is not quite a twin to Bob Teet's car, but close. Same Candyapple Red paint and both are automatics. Mine has a black deluxe interior and Bob's has a standard red interior. Don't know any other particulars on Bob's car.

Mustanger

Congrats!!! You are truly blessed, my friend!! If you ever get tired of it, I guess I can provide a home for it ... ;-)

Diesel Donna

Mustanger said:
Congrats!!! You are truly blessed, my friend!! If you ever get tired of it, I guess I can provide a home for it ... ;-)

Oooohh I guess I could too. :grin:

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

I feel really lucky. I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity to buy it. Unfortunately, I'll probably need to sell my GT/CS. Oh well, can't keep them all.

390cs68rcode

GTCSMustang said:
I feel really lucky. I'm fortunate to have had the opportunity to buy it. Unfortunately, I'll probably need to sell my GT/CS. Oh well, can't keep them all.

Since we are such close friends I will give ya $10k. :wink: