• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lights for the hood opening

Tequila

I was wondering if someone could please share more info about the lights that go into the openings in the hood. Are they turn signals? Or just marker lights? Are they unique to California Specials? Also, where would I be able to find a pair?

Thanks

rvrtrash

They are turn signals and all '68's and some '67's had them.

Steve

dalorzo_f

Not all '68's.

It was regular production in the early part of the '68 year, but became an option after the strike... not sure of any clear changeover date. And an option in '67.

IIRC all GTCS's got it. My 3 '68's up to late April have it (the latest being the GTCS) but my May Dearborn does not.

OP
OP
T

Tequila

Thanks everone for the very useful info. I was hoping to find NOS parts but may not much choice than to go repro.

68 special

Check Ebay, Craigslist, and swap meets. Might even browse the wrecking yards. Row 52 is a good one to see what is in your area. Around Christmas time, there was a '67 & '68 in wrecking yards here. I wish I had the space to pull all the parts, but pretty sure I'd be divorced, lol....

Bret

68 special

Haha, just noticed your right next door. The '67 was in Everett and the '68 in Lake Stevens. Never know where they will show up.

Bret

earlymustang

Yes all GTCS have turn signal hoods (AKA louvered) and it was an option on all 67 and 68. If you are still looking for parts I have a box full. Shane 714*501*6768

Last edited: