• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lucky Find

Ruppstang

I have been looking for a drivers door for the HCS for about two months. The orignal had some rust in the front bottem corner and a dent on the top inide on the textured metal. Any repairs to the textured metal parts of the door are nearly imposible to cover up. Last week it was my bithday I came home from work and got on ebay, the frist thing that came up was a near perfect LH door and it was a deluxe door on top of it. I contacted the seller and he said that he parted the car 35 year ago and his mother said that he had to get his stuff out of her garage. He asked if I needed the other door dash pad, instrument cluster,rear window and window trim. I asked how much for it all and he said $350. How could Iturn that down. The only problem was the part were in Illinois. I remembered that the was a AACA show on Saturday in Moline IL. and I had a freind that was judging there. I called him and he said that he would bring the parts back for me. The seller said that he would drive to the show for $50. I had my parts Sat. night what a great birthday gift. I took them apart Sunday and they were like brand new in side,the chrome and glass near perfect. How cool is that! Marty

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 49

Northern Pony

Marty;
Nice find, and nice B-day present, belated Happy Birthday.

On another matter, I have not recieved my results yet from MCA in Bellveau, does it usually take this long?

BoB

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Bob,
I had mine back 10 days after the show. I would give Kristy at the MCA office a call may be there was some hang up with the out of the states mailing. Marty