• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. My new Project - 36 Ford Pickup

case12

Several of you have asked me to post pictures. So, here is the 'ole rusty pickup that will become my next hot rod. It was the "real deal" barn find. It came with a free rat nest (including rat pee rust), and as I was tracing the wiring I found some of it to be organic - ie, they were'nt wires, but vines that had grown into the engine. :eek:

I have done three mustangs which sit proudly in the garage, but was looking for something "rough and raw" to work with. I am still in the "dreaming and planning" stages of what this will eventually look like. Such as: fenders, or no fenders. flat head or 289 (which I have one lying around from the GT/CS). suede paint or gloss paint????? Oh....the many dreams.....

Paul Stevenson - I think I have something like you started with on your GT/CS. I really need you and Zack to come help me. Send me a PM with your phone number....I really could use some advice. :grin:

Casey

Attachments

• !BPCv65gB2k~$(KGrHgoOKjEEjlLm(s8hBJ)r!tD2Eg~~_1.jpg
    !BPCv65gB2k~$(KGrHgoOKjEEjlLm(s8hBJ)r!tD2Eg~~_1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG00007-20090401-1217.jpg
    IMG00007-20090401-1217.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 44

franklinair

Oh, you lucky guy!! Why can't I ever find a treasure like that?! My first ever project was re-doing a 1932 Ford 3 window coupe, modified flathead. (50+ years ago!!) That's when Crane cams were just getting popular. I'd visited their first shop in FL in the mid 50's many times.
The photos don't appear too bad - use lots of Ospho on that surface rust. You'll be amazed at the transformation. Paul may have some POR-15 left over, also!
Good luck - I envy you.

Neil

nfrntau

That's my favorite year Ford truck. I love those fenders, it would be a shame to not use them. Please please keep them.

hookedtrout

That's awesome, can't wait to see it as you progress, keep the pictures coming.

Cory

Mustanglvr

There are trucks and cars like that all over the midwest, mostly being towed off for scrap. I know, I`ve stripped enough of them of their lights, mirrors, etc. for Ebay.

PFSlim

I pinged Casey back tonight and left a message on his cell. I can't wait to hear about the project!!!

To busy to come help since we have the Cobra project in full swing - but always willing to trade ideas.

Paul