• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ New Addition to the Stable - A Shelby

case12

Well, for my birthday (Dec 20) I bought myself a 2007 Shelby Hertz convertible. I had rented one in LA last year and fell in love with it.

This one came from Hawaii to auction and a dealer in Dallas bought it. I flew to Dallas with my daughter and we drove it back. It is awesome!

I know this is sacrilige to some, but this will be my daily driver. Snow, salt, rain and sun - cold and hot. I plan to drive it - I already put snow tires on it and a remote starter. I specifically picked one that was not a museum piece. This one has 26,000 miles on it, but looks almost brand new - no scratches, or dings. Just normal wear for a vehicle of this year.

I thought I would miss the stick shift, but not with this baby. It hauls. Plus, I was getting tired of 20 miles of traffic lights in Chicago with the 2000 Mustang GT cable clutch. This is like luxury and power combined!

The Shelby Automotive people are great. I am considered the first owner, since Hertz was technically just interim to them. They are sending me a full new owner Shelby package, including the coveted dash plaque signed by Shelby (the real one - not the sticker that comes with the car).

Equally, the Hertz people have been great. They are sending me all the original documenation on the car.

Merry Christmas to my CS family! Casey

Attachments

• shelby7.jpg
    shelby7.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 38
  • shelby12.jpg
    shelby12.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 40
  • shelby15.jpg
    shelby15.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 32

Russ

Casey,

Congratulations...what a great birthday and Christmas present!!! You won't regret your purchase.....it is one of the most exciting automobiles you can own. I also had the urge to own a 2007 Shelby GT, and since I own a white 1966 GT 350, I just had to have a white Shelby GT coupe. I got it with 10,000 miles, and it is scary fast and handles like a dream.

While I love my classic Mustangs, this one takes the cake!! Russ

Attachments

• 2009 Vacation 002.jpg
    2009 Vacation 002.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 37

di81977

Congratulations. A good friend of mine has had one for a while. He brings it to the drag strip and races with us every month. Really nice looking cars. Now you need a 66 to make a pair.

There is a 07 Convertible on our local craigslist. If I had room for another, I would buy it. Seems prices have come down a bit.

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/1515105089.html

gofastguy

Nice car!! What a great Christmas present. IMHO you're the smart one to drive it every day and really enjoy it. I just can't bring myself to do it because a black car is going to look like crap much of the time in the Midwest, due to our lovely weather.

Wonder how many Shelby owners there are here???

rvrtrash

I just bought a Shelby GT a couple of months ago, but it's only a summer daily driver. I have to leave for work before the plows are out and I don't want to rip the front spoiler off. Besides, I have a 4X4 truck that doesn't get used much in the summer.

Steve

mustangj

Nice car, I have an 08 Shelby GT convertible and it is a great ride, unfortunately had to sacrifice the 07 CS to get it. You will definitely enjoy the car.

OP
OP
case12

case12

Thanks all. I am enjoying it. I love the Hertz history on this car. Havent driven it much because we got a big snow storm that dropped a foot or more - so the Shelby would just be a snowplow. It will clear out eventually (I just put snow tires on it - $1200, yikes!) . In mean time I drive my wife's Highlander.

I almost went for a new GT/CS.....but after comparing prices, having 1 of 500 Shelby Hertz seemed more appealing. Plus it turns heads with the black and gold.

So, I have a 68 GT/CS (head turner) and a 07 Shelby GT-H (head turner).

Casey