• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

NOOBie to ford's help me identify please

chewybuilt

I would like to know if the mustang i know is a HCS.

The car is beat, exterior and interior.

The door handles have an emblem/sticker that says special edition.

i looked at this thread http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=39

and mine looks similar (body wise).

I just need to know if i own a HCS or just a beat regular mustang.

ALSO, anyone know where i can find the vin # on this car?

I have a huge project ahead of me.:icon_ecst

OP
OP
C

chewybuilt

no vins. where exactly on dash, the front windshiled has spiderwebs(cracked windshield) and i cant really see in. You guys know if the chasssis has a spot where the VIN might've of been tacked, and printed?

Midnight Special

...If it's a '68, the VIN tag will be on the passenger side dash/ lower winshield. If not '68, - driver's side. Is there a data plate on the driver's side door? VINs are sometimes stamped on front fender aprons near shock towers as well. Marti report - mandatory... Maybe HC Bob can take over from here ;-)

66hcs-conv

I think first off, we need to determine what year the car is.

If it has the side trim behind the door and in front of the rear tire, EXACTLY like the one pictured, then it is a 1966.

IF that is the year, then the DSO on the door data tag needs to be a 51
(which indicates the Denver DSO) followed by 3 or 4 digits.

EXAMPLE: 51XXX or 51XXXX

Dave

Mosesatm

no vins. where exactly on dash, the front windshiled has spiderwebs(cracked windshield) and i cant really see in. You guys know if the chasssis has a spot where the VIN might've of been tacked, and printed?

Sounds like a barn find that's still in the barn.

HappyHour

You guys kill me. I guess you can always open the door and try looking on the other side of the glass?? :rofl:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
The door handles have an emblem/sticker that says special edition
Door handles? Never heard of that one.

chewybuilt, does it look like the turquoise one in the link you posted? If so it's a '66, which means the HCS fender emblem and paint color will be your only visual clue to it being an HCS. As Bob mentioned you'll need the VIN and hopefully door data plate info.