• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD NOS 1968 California Special script badges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jschoony

I was looking for the barrell nuts that attach to these emblems. It appeared he had some, but it was a mistake. All good I'll find some eventually.

Or if you prefer NPD theses are the same. Also they are just a tinnerman nut and a lot of Ace hardwares will have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jschoony

Wow thanks Jschoony! I always thought they were barrel nuts.
Yeah I know some of the Shelby emblems use this same flat tinnerman nut. The old NOS emblems the flat nuts are black the new ones look almost zinc?

CaliStang68

Thanks yes. Much appreciated. NPD and cobranda actually don't specify they are for CS script. Let me know how much you want for them if you have some or PM me.
Thanks
Rick

pfinleyz

I looked everywhere, some sites will say they have it but then when you order it , it says not available. Branda was out as of 3 or 4 weeks ago, my understanding is only Scott Drake was making them and they have discontinued them

pfinleyz

My husband and I both swear we had the emblems on the car, in the 15 years of it sitting and parts here and there well, these aren't the only parts we can't find. If I do find them I'll post them for sale

Jschoony

I looked everywhere, some sites will say they have it but then when you order it , it says not available. Branda was out as of 3 or 4 weeks ago, my understanding is only Scott Drake was making them and they have discontinued them
The Branda kit was made by Pony

Attachments

• IMG_3545.jpeg
    IMG_3545.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 33

CougarCJ

Those fasteners are also called 'ribbon nuts'. They come in various sizes. I will see if I can get a measurement on my NOS set.

Ricky Knapik

Ok everyone. I've been following the discussion on the "flat nuts" used to install the badges. I needed them a few years ago. Based on my research, I came up with something pretty damn close. I will not say they are concourse, but I would guess it would take a digital micrometer to tell the difference. I bought these at Fastenal that happens to be across the street from my work. 100 for about $9.00. "Auveco 2100" seems to be readily available on the internet. Hope that helps everyone!

Attachments

• Trunk2 (2).JPG
    Trunk2 (2).JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 27
  • flat nut.jpg
    flat nut.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 28
  • flat nut box.jpg
    flat nut box.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.