• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Picked it up!

nfrntau

Hey Y'all,
I picked it up from Larry today and brought it home, YAY!!!. He did a great job with it and I am very happy.
It feels really good to have my GT/CS in the garage again. Now starts the really fun part.
I don't have many photos to share but here are a few. I was really fortunate and had perfect weather the whole ay home.

Attachments

• car 1.jpg
    car 1.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 59
  • car 2.jpg
    car 2.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 46
  • car 3.jpg
    car 3.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 48
  • car 4.jpg
    car 4.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 79

robert campbell

I LOVE THE STRIPES!!!!!!!!!

WAY COOL!!! I want to do this to a car of mine. Where did you get the idea?? What are the dimensions??

Rob

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

Rob,
I have to give credit for the stripes idea to David Athens. I have liked the look of his car since I first bought mine and decided to restore it. The idea kind of morphed to the present version over the last two years.
For the dimensions, I used the proportions for the Shelby Lemans stripes as a start and applied that to my version. Then Arlie and I used tape and masking paper on his car. When my wife said "that's it, go with that" (and we agreed) we stopped and took measurements. If you pm me your email I will send you the layout.
Cheers

Mosesatm

Rob,
I have to give credit for the stripes idea to David Athens. I have liked the look of his car since I first bought mine and decided to restore it. The idea kind of morphed to the present version over the last two years.
For the dimensions, I used the proportions for the Shelby Lemans stripes as a start and applied that to my version. Then Arlie and I used tape and masking paper on his car. When my wife said "that's it, go with that" (and we agreed) we stopped and took measurements. If you pm me your email I will send you the layout.
Cheers

Here are the layout pictures.

Attachments

• DSCF2841.jpg
    DSCF2841.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF2842.jpg
    DSCF2842.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 53