• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Should the GT/CS taillight panel like the Shelby?

classicsguy

Just thinking out loud:Since these cars have some of the Shelby options for 1968,do you guys and gals think that the rear tailight panel should also have been gray from factory instead of body color?
Please post your opinions here.
Thanks

somethingspecial

Are you asking if the cars came from the factory with the silver TL panel, or if we think they should have? Personally, I like the body color over the silver. Just my opinion. To answer the first part, The GT/CS had the TL panel painted body color from the factory. Mike

Mustanglvr

The tail light panel on my car was argent when I got it. I like it that way.

Attachments

• rrrrrr004.jpg
    rrrrrr004.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 35

PFSlim

I like it both ways. However, I prefer to have it painted the body color. I guess I like it best that way because I do want the Cal Spec to be different from the Shelby.

Just my opinion.

Paul

Midnight Special

Mustanglvr said:
The tail light panel on my car was argent when I got it. I like it that way.

...Mine too. I'm still "on the fence" as I look to repainting it this Spring. I'm leaning towards leaving it Argent since I have the Shelby 10-spokes...

Attachments

• grn3.jpg
    grn3.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 32

PFSlim

I love those 10 spoke wheels there Tim. As I said, I think it looks great with the panel painted argent. I don't think would change it unless the whole car was gettting painted.

Paul

Midnight Special

Thanks Paul :) I'm indeed going to paint the whole car because virtually all of the clear coat and some green came off at the car wash. 'Looks good from a distance if you reeeally wax it... My hope is to get it done before Mike & Robinett's summer BBQ and to compliment, but set it apart from Mike's (soon to be unveiled) immaculate 390 4-speed which will be sharing the streets here... That said, I'll probably still keep the taillight panel "Argent" to go w/ the Shelby wheels...

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

somethingspecial said:
Are you asking if the cars came from the factory with the silver TL panel, or if we think they should have? Personally, I like the body color over the silver. Just my opinion. To answer the first part, The GT/CS had the TL panel painted body color from the factory. Mike

To clarify I was meaning from the factory.