• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 The CS family- tell your story in hookedtrout's book.

aemoo28

I'd like to know who has been touched by our CS family at this site. Cory is looking for subject ideas for the coffee table book, and I think this would be fun.

As you all know, without the help from members of this site (and Mike G.), my car never would have made it home. I would have given up a long time ago if it weren't for the support, generosity, and kindness from members of this site.

Please, if you would, share your stories of how you've helped someone reach (or continue) his/her dream of owning one of these cars, or how someone has stepped up to keep you going when you'd rather light the car ON FIRE!

Along with this, what is it about the car that made you not give up on its restoration? Or were you ok with letting it go to another home? Or what made you buy it in the first place; that 40 yr old technology and all?

I'd like to call this chapter "The CS Family", or "Never Give Up On Your Special", or something corny like this.

Amy

CALIF GIRL

When my house caught on fire my GT/CS was in the garage. I also had both of Pauls books in the garage. The car was taken car of by insurance.

2 unknown kind people on this site purchased replacement books for me.
It is acts of kindness like this that seperate this site of "family memebrs" from other sites.

I have made alot of friends on this site that I will cherish forever. Some I have run into in person,
(Donna, I will always remember finding you in the crowd of thousands in Washington DC and standing next to you holding a candle, celebrating your brothers life and reflecting his death as the blue light floated through the air at the memorial.)

The GT/CS BBQ at Mike and Robinette's was wonderful and what a great job they did. Tim thanks for the place to stay and all the fun with your stable of cars.
What a great get together of people that was.

And there are those I have met at shows, always nice.

Some I only know from typing and reading here Thanks to Jon for making this possible.

I know If I have a problem I can count on my GT/CS family to be there for me
Thanks to all of you, Even If I did not mention you by name

Marion

hookedtrout

Great stories, keep them coming. This will make a great chapter in the book right in line with exactly what this book is about.

Cory

Diesel Donna

I have made alot of friends on this site that I will cherish forever. Some I have run into in person,
(Donna, I will always remember finding you in the crowd of thousands in Washington DC and standing next to you holding a candle, celebrating your brothers life and reflecting his death as the blue light floated through the air at the memorial.)

I will never forget those days in Washington either. It was all the more special to be with you and Chris and my LAPD family. In fact it was a year ago now.
Wonderful people and friends on this site all because of our love for California Specials.

~~~~Donna