• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New profile posts

I have been going to the Ford Carlisle show. FOR THE LAST SEVERAL YEAR i HAVE BEEN THE ONLY CAR IN THAT CLASS AND i THINK THAT THEY ARE GOING TO ELEMENT THAT CLASS. NOT SURE THEY NEVER GAVE ME AN ANSWER
Hi there Neil,
I hope Christmas was kind to you and yours!
Question for you, I'm gonna replace all my doors hinges upper and lowers and wanted to know who you may have used in your restoration(s)? or if you can recommend a company. There's a lot to choose from but only a few worth the money IMO and I only want to do this once so I don't want to mess it up? LOL!
Thanks
Rick
Your Car is Awesome and I would still love to bring her home. Unfortunately, I seem to have buyer issues as well. Since I saw Bonnie and Clyde posted again, I have to ask once more, if you would consider a trade + Cash?
http://www.cars-on-line.com/68611.html
last time I offered $15K + trade.
Would you consider $20K + trade?

Please me know,

Respectfully yours,

-Annie
No. It's a 1957. White, both tops (conv top needs recover, which I have New in the box). Send me your e-mail if interested. franklinair@frontier.com
I'll give you details & photos.

Neil
Arlie,
I remember a thread where members were talking about the 428 cars. Are they all accounted for? I got some info on a white one today. He said it was white with a red stripe in Utah.
Would love to hear from Uk members if there are any, and to get any tips/help on my journey through the restoration project of my GT/CS
Well what did you think of the Ohio show? I still say separate the older cars from the new cars.
We had a little truck trouble on the way home. The front tire got a bubble in the passenger side but we made it home. Well the next show will be the AACA show at Hershey. One thing about this show It doesn't take the judges two hours to look at the car. I'm glade that I meet you and hope to see at another one. Have a happy holiday season.
Hey Rob, Finally got the rear end in my car. took it for drive and runs great. It's from a '92 Explorer, 3.73 gears. Only thing I see is the engine runs about 3200 rpm at 60 mph. now I'm thinking an AOD might be in order. What is in your car? and other than a cross member, what else is needed? Is the neutral switch the same? I've found one on CL from an '89 bronco mated to a 302 with shift kit. says everything included , even transfer case. $200 for the setup. Thanks, Bret
Good Morning Kerry, Just thought I would give you a gentle nudge if you were considering selling the black GT/CS back to me. Hope you and your family are well, talk to you soon.
All the Best, David
Daniel, I am in Grass Valley, Ca. just outside of Colfax. Ca. Which car are you referring to? If you want to see my C code for sale, it sold yesterday and is gone. If you are inquiring about my S code Concours car, We can make arrangements some day. Do you go to Reno from time to time, I am only off I-80 about 3 miles. You can contact me ahead of time and arrange to meet. Mike Jewell 530-346-6604
Hi Mike,

This is Daniel Lee in Alameda, Ca. I have a 68 HCS (although one would not know by looking at the car) its a C code car with auto. The car was in this year's calendar. I saw that you located also in California. I would like come to your place one day to see your 68 Cal Special if you are not too far away.

Daniel
Wow what a GEM of a car. I bought my 1st stang 3 years ago. A Gulfstream aqua straight 6 car in near mint condition. 4 ponys later and my stang hunger still isn't satisfied lol. That and ivy gold are my favorite colors. So you could say I'm Gulfstreamed with envy....lol. congrats to you and john.

Can't wait to see the progress you make on the car. And he'll yea save that shroud. I wouldn't have known either. For sure I'd drive it around for a while in the condition it's in. I love it....great find at a Gem of a price !!!! Ed.
I would not use POR15. I assume that you want to use a rattle can. Eastwood chassis black or Rustoleum Semi gloss black would work best.
Marty
By chance do you know if Penn. has any other hcs in the state? I asked Bob Teets but his health isn't to good. I talk with him a lot. I attended the MCA Ohio show several years ago and ran across one.
What would you prefer to use to paint the engine bay since its stripped down to the bare metal? I was going to use Por 15 but there is no rust.