• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 2100 carb

green56

Would like to know the 2100 carb does that carb fit all 289 engines 2bbl cars? so if they have one for sale and it says 66 would that fit on a 68 Thanks Tom from WI

robert campbell

Tom,
The 2100 carb was common to engines in the Ford line. so it came on 390 engines as well as 289's and 302's. The 390 version is a lot different, but looks the same and will bolt on. But it will get far worse gas mileage and may be way to rich.

If you give me the complete number on the front left lower corner that is stamped into the throttle plate area, I can tell you what engine it came off from.

Curious as to why you wish to replace you current one? I rebuild these all the time for people.

Rob

CougarCJ

Typically the 2100 carburetor for a 289 would have a 1.08" venturis. Marked 1.08 on the side of the carburetor body. At least for 1968.

OP
OP
G

green56

carb 2100

Bob will get the info Fri right now 92 out side so the garage is hotter will post Fri the car just don't seem to run right I just put in a pitironx 111 but the coil was bad so i had to get a new one the i had problems with the dash pot i know i can not use it but i like to keep it Org see tomorrow Tom from WI

robert campbell

Tom,
You can leave the dashpot on, but adjust it "away" from the throttle stop it touches on the carb linkage. It will lock stock, but not really be doing anything.

Rob