• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anyone collect and shoot guns?

hookedtrout

Living in rural Idaho, hunting and fishing have always been a part of life. I have a CWP (Concealed Weapons Permit) and I have several guns. Love to shoot, love to hunt, reload most of my own ammo.

Marlin 22 rifle
Double Barrel Shotgun, hand engraved, not sure of the make.
Single shot shotgun, my oldest son seems to have aquired this one
Remington 243
Weatherby 7MM
Winchester 30-30
JP Sauer 44 Mag 6 shot western style pearl handled pistol
Barretta 40 caliber Semi Auto

My brother-in-law is the real gun collector in our family. Every time he comes for a visit he brings some of his collection and we go out shooting. Last time he came he brought a 50 calliber rifle. Very little kick but it creates a couple of little tornadoes out the pressure release barrel and you don't want to be standing there or you will have all kinds of dust and debris in your eyes, glasses or not. Makes a heck of a hole in solid lava rock at 100 yds. He also has an AR15 among dozens of other guns.

Fun hobby, both the collecting and the shooting.

Mustanglvr

Used to have a 300 Weatherby Mag and a Mac 9, which was fully automatic but sold to us as a semi-automatic. We got rid of that one quick, but had fun shooting it. Ever shoot down a cement corn silo with a 300 Weatherby and a fully automatic mac 9? We did. Talk about rednecks. The silo was 60 feet high. We had a bunch of friends at our farm,they brought their guns and we all shot it down. The neighboring farms around us thought a war had broke out. The silo came down on itself and we had to start all over again. It almost landed on a building next to it but missed it by inches. Later we had a bonfire, beer and pizza. I used to have a Steven`s single shot shotgun from the 1920`s. My dad had a really old 30 30 and a bunch of cool old guns. He shot 6 pheasants with one shot of bird shot once. My husband shot a buck with his black 12 gauge shotgun at 300 yards away.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

yep sounds pretty redneck. letting the redneck in you out to play once in a while is OK. :grin:

The indoor range I go to rents full automatic UZI's and a full auto Colt. I usually rent one once a week and fire off 300 rounds. Now that's fun!

Mosesatm

Mustanglvr said:
Later we had a bonfire, beer and pizza.

Rhonda, are you sure the beer drinking wasn't before the shooting?:icon_pani

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
Rhonda, are you sure the beer drinking wasn't before the shooting?:icon_pani

:ponder: :rollout: :wink: Well, I remember the bonfire was after but.... yeah we were probably drinking during the whole process.:grin:

hookedtrout

Mustanglvr said:
:ponder: :rollout: :wink: Well, I remember the bonfire was after but.... yeah we were probably drinking during the whole process.:grin:

Invite me next time!!

Mustanglvr

Well, its not like we did both at the same time. I put my beer down before I shot the gun.

Sorry, I had too. No we don`t do that anymore.