• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Do You Feel Lonely In GT/CS Cyberspace?

case12

It seems as though many of our California family are having a great party today at the GT/CS barbecue gathering.

It is too quiet on the forum. :scared:

Maybe the rest of us GT/CS owners should have our own cyberspace party?:grin:

Casey

davidathans

its a beautiful day here in Southern California and i've already driven my car once! You won't feel lonely once your out on the road...i had a family roll down all the windows in their honda pilot and say "nice mustang" so i dropped the car into 1st and gassed it to 6000rpm and let it fall...the smiles on their faces were priceless...the father (driver) yelled out...how much horsepower does that thing have? i yelled back 384 to the tires and i heard him say "whoa" before i dipped out haha

OP
OP
case12

case12

OK, let's have some barbeque chat....

I was headed to a "show on the town square" in the CS tonight, but raining too hard. So, I did some scrubbing on the chassis, and replaced my temp sensor....been having trouble with the original temp gauge doing some wierd peaking...hope it is the sensor (a manual temp gauge installed temporarily brings temp to around 190...so I dont think I have a over heat problem). Also ordered teal colored paint for my power steering pump to cover the rust.

Arlie, how do you break loose the nut on the steering shaft to adjust the screw to tighten the steering. I tried with all my strength....I thought I might make a slight adjustment to take some slop out of the original steering.

Has anyone here experienced "bump steer" or something like that. I can be driving down the road just fine, and then suddenly the CS will sway (more like jerk) to the right, and sway (jerk back). The steering wheel doesnt move, and it only does it occasionally - but it will scare the %*^& out of you. I never thought of it being bump steer, because I hadnt noticed going over a bump when this happens. Some type of steering adjustment?

Hey David - I want to build a 66 coupe with a 5.0 efi (for my wife to drive - turn the key and it runs kind of thing)....ever seen anyone do that? It will be midnight blue, white pony interior, black carpet.....some day.

How's the cyberspace barbeque tasting?

Casey

Mosesatm

Wow, Casey it's been way too many years since I've adjusted a steering box. When ever I need to find information on something Mustang-wise I always check this website http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techarticles/.

Have you inspected the steering parts while someone turns the wheel? When I took my power steering off I was amazed at how it hid all the steering problems. I now feel every worn part, which is good. Fixing the rag joint made a huge difference but fixing that led to discovering a totally shot idler arm bushing.

If your problem occurs when you hit a bump it could be almost any part of the steering or suspension. Even a worn ball-joint can create steering problems if it kicks sideways then kicks back. If all the suspension parts are good then it could be the power steering pump or ram. Maybe something is spiking the pressure to the ram.

BTW, I recently bought a new styled steel wheel and on the box in BOLD letters it says that the wheel should not be balanced with a center cone. It should only be balanced by using the lug holes. I believe it since I just took a 5,000 mile road trip and had the wheels balanced 3 times. Each time I was told that they were out of balance!

Talk about rain!!!

Gotta love montana!!!

Last edited:

davidathans

OK, let's have some barbeque chat....

I was headed to a "show on the town square" in the CS tonight, but raining too hard. So, I did some scrubbing on the chassis, and replaced my temp sensor....been having trouble with the original temp gauge doing some wierd peaking...hope it is the sensor (a manual temp gauge installed temporarily brings temp to around 190...so I dont think I have a over heat problem). Also ordered teal colored paint for my power steering pump to cover the rust.

Arlie, how do you break loose the nut on the steering shaft to adjust the screw to tighten the steering. I tried with all my strength....I thought I might make a slight adjustment to take some slop out of the original steering.

Has anyone here experienced "bump steer" or something like that. I can be driving down the road just fine, and then suddenly the CS will sway (more like jerk) to the right, and sway (jerk back). The steering wheel doesnt move, and it only does it occasionally - but it will scare the %*^& out of you. I never thought of it being bump steer, because I hadnt noticed going over a bump when this happens. Some type of steering adjustment?

Hey David - I want to build a 66 coupe with a 5.0 efi (for my wife to drive - turn the key and it runs kind of thing)....ever seen anyone do that? It will be midnight blue, white pony interior, black carpet.....some day.

How's the cyberspace barbeque tasting?

Casey

i know what your talking about when you say "bump steer"...ya i dont like it either...i go really slow over all bumps

but i just so have happened to read an article on how you can fix this on our old mustangs..

check out this link:

http://www.fly-ford.com/MM0105-How_To_Correct_Bumpsteer-0206.html

as far as the 5.0 efi in the old mustang...i have a friend who is doing this project as we speak...the wiring harness is really expensive, but it has been done many times...im sure you can find threads on the internet from people who have done it to guide you

jk89cat

harnesses arent bad to swipe out of a donor car as that what i am doing, the bigest concern is the fuel pump and plumbing. i am going to start this project in a few weeks as well on the 69 cat. iam usign a 91-93 tbird/cougar harness and pcm its 8 wires and some relays once you seperate the harnesses you dont need. and a fuel pump circuit

OP
OP
case12

case12

harnesses arent bad to swipe out of a donor car as that what i am doing, the bigest concern is the fuel pump and plumbing. i am going to start this project in a few weeks as well on the 69 cat. iam usign a 91-93 tbird/cougar harness and pcm its 8 wires and some relays once you seperate the harnesses you dont need. and a fuel pump circuit

we might want to hook up, since you are so close to me. i dont have a coupe yet, but they are not too hard to find. I just want a good body coupe, and I can do all the interior/detail work, and some wiring. I will need to get a shop to help on engine, suspension/steering, brakes and then have it painted. she wants it all stock looking except all other parts being modern (for her to turn the key and go). casey

jk89cat

yes casey we talked before about hooking up my busy life got in the way but yes ! we can defently do so . i need to let go and make time for things and people!

jk89cat

casey i am headed up to the guy i bought my 69 from to aquire the 69 xr7 interior and perfect dash parts ! i need the wiring and ac parts before i can move on to installing the 347 in place of the broke 351 . (knocks)

Midnight Special

Hey Casey, we missed you there. Not one Sunlit Gold in sight!

~ Debra

You're right Debra! It was hidden behind the bushes ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_2834.jpg
    IMG_2834.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 22