• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fun Project ?

66hcs-conv

Hi all,

Ya know what they say about an idle mind . . . it's the devils playground !

So I'm wondering what it would take to get any Ford product to run
9 second ET's at a drag strip - 1/4 mile - 1350 feet, AND still be drive able on the street.

What car would be good to use, how big an engine, with what mods to the car & engine?

Thinkin' :eek: if it's a Mustang, the front shock towers may have to be cut back to allow a bigger engine. Which would mean a Mustang rack & pinion steering.

I am interested in your thought's.

Dave

CougarCJ

A small light weight Ford with electric power.
Google 9 second miata electric, another good one is the white zombie Datsun, but it has a best of 10 seconds, knocking on the door of 9 seconds.
There are diesel super duty trucks that are running crazy times too.

JohnnyQuest515

Hi all,

Ya know what they say about an idle mind . . . it's the devils playground !

So I'm wondering what it would take to get any Ford product to run
9 second ET's at a drag strip - 1/4 mile - 1350 feet, AND still be drive able on the street.

What car would be good to use, how big an engine, with what mods to the car & engine?

Thinkin' :eek: if it's a Mustang, the front shock towers may have to be cut back to allow a bigger engine. Which would mean a Mustang rack & pinion steering.

I am interested in your thought's.

Dave

Well first run only 1320 feet, not 1350!

JQ

OP
OP
66hcs-conv

66hcs-conv

JohnnyQuest515; Well first run only 1320 feet, not 1350!

Whatever .. . . . . .