• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gotta be the worst!...

robert campbell

She be a coupe with some ugly rear vent louvers!!! But I have to admit, I needed to look at it twice..... Time to give up beer!

Rob

CougarCJ

I can't decide which I hate worse, the horrible reproduction C stripes, the side view mirror, or those butt ugly quarter louvers.

Ugh, what a mess.

Definitely, a what "not to do" to your Mustang advertisement.

teamlo

I always like to start the morning with a good laugh. Mission accomplished!!

Terry

Ruppstang

In my work I see a lot of poorly done remodeling. We call it remuddeling. That car has been remuddeled!! A hole lot of work for nothing.

rvrtrash

OK, I'll give everyone a chance to take a shot at me. If he would've left off the out of place pillar window louvers and the rear louvers and done it as a Shelby de Mexico clone, he might have pulled it off.

Steve

Mosesatm

She be a coupe with some ugly rear vent louvers!!! But I have to admit, I needed to look at it twice..... Time to give up beer!

Rob

I also had to take a second look at it because it looked like a '77 Volare to me.

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

OK, I'll give everyone a chance to take a shot at me. If he would've left off the out of place pillar window louvers and the rear louvers and done it as a Shelby de Mexico clone, he might have pulled it off.

Steve

Steve, I was thinking the same... I also saw the Volare / Aspen look Arlie was talking about. Perhaps we should all join Rob in giving up beer...and switching to whatever the restorer was drinking!
;-)

teamlo

I'm gonna try something. When I get home, I am going to consume a 6-pack of PBR (tall boys, of course) and then put on my sunglasses and have another look at it.

Terry

Mosesatm

Is this a garden hose sticking out of the trunk?

Attachments

• DSCN3144.jpg
    DSCN3144.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Garden Hose.jpg
    Garden Hose.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 48

robert campbell

Nope! Accent lights for under the fenders!! YAAAA BAAABEEE. If it don't go, chrome it and light it up!

One of the biggest mistakes of Val and I's life. Got married in 1978. Val owned the Fastback and for gods sake, I owned a 1969 Cobra Jet Ranchero.

Any pictures of Val and Rob leaving the wedding in a cool car???

Nope, my bro-in-law had a brand new 1978......... Wait for it....... Wait more...... Chrysler LeBaron!!! Yep, real Corinthin leather!!!! R%emember Ricardo's ads??

Man I wish I could go back in time!!! Just shoot me!!!

Rob

CougarCJ

Nope! Accent lights for under the fenders!! YAAAA BAAABEEE. If it don't go, chrome it and light it up!

One of the biggest mistakes of Val and I's life. Got married in 1978. Val owned the Fastback and for gods sake, I owned a 1969 Cobra Jet Ranchero.

Any pictures of Val and Rob leaving the wedding in a cool car???

Nope, my bro-in-law had a brand new 1978......... Wait for it....... Wait more...... Chrysler LeBaron!!! Yep, real Corinthin leather!!!! R%emember Ricardo's ads??

Man I wish I could go back in time!!! Just shoot me!!!

Rob

As I recall Ricardo Montalban hawked the Chrysler Cordoba. My Mom had a 1976. :grin:

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Yep. It was the CO'oordoba.
Johny Carson asked Ricardo on The Late Show: "What the heck is Corinthian Leather?" Ricardo said that he made it up! Chrysler liked it & ran with it...

robert campbell

My wife won a car arguement on this one. Called my bro-in-law and yup... Cordoba. What an ugly piece of crap.

One day they will be a collector car?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Wow! Ummmm...wow.

It's not just a coupe with rear quarter louvers. They actually modified the rear pillars to take the coupe swoop out and try to graft in the fastback lines. That was a ton of work by someone.

I couldn't help it. I just had to put these shots together:

abomination.jpg

.Oh and was this the Aspen you were talking about?

77aspen1.jpg

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...AWEsome Jon. Thanks!
:)

Indeed it must've been a ton of work, but not bad craftsmanship considering...
Very unusual to say the least. Those Aspen vents look pretty close if you were to flip them over and mount them...