• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS diecast models Group Buy

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Well after much discussion and coordination the pricing for the Group Buy is done. My original plan to buy in mass and then ship out to everyone separately didn't work out unfortunately. After adding up all the costs it turned out to be better to have people order directly through the vendor (www.supercar1.com) and get free shipping for site members. For a more thorough explanation see the bottom of this post.

THE DEAL: Free shipping to 48 US states. This applies to your entire order and includes any other models also, not just the GT/CS
HOW TO ORDER: Go to the www.SuperCar1.com web site. Click Log-on/Register (in the blue column on the left) and enter your info. Then browse the site and "add to cart" the models you want. VERY IMPORTANT STEP: Once you're done click "Checkout" and use "Special Instructions or Comments About Your Order" area & type in REGISTRY to receive FREE shipping & handling (ANY size order - of ANY items) to US48. "Registry" must be typed in, no adjustments at later date if forgot to type this in, only for orders placed online.
DEADLINE: This offer expires Monday Dec 4th

Super Car Collectibles stocks the GT/CS models in Wimbleton White, Acapulco Blue and a special Acapulco Blue with white vinyl top which is exclusive to them. (not many of these are left) Here are some photos:

More info on the Group Buy: I feel I need to apologize for getting people's hopes up with the earlier pricing I posted. At the time no logistics had been worked out regarding payment and shipping. Once we got into the details it turned out the pricing required that all cars be shipped to me, then I would coordinate the actual sales and shipping to each of you. I don't really mind doing the extra work, but by the time I started adding up costs it wasn't saving very much. Even at the best price from the vendor ($29.99 which we were going to have a hard time reaching that minimum number of sales) I had to add shipping to me ($1.90 per car) then individual boxes ($1.90) then Paypal fees ($1.40) then shipping to you (+/-$8.00 because they're 4 lbs each!) When I totalled all that up it's almost the same as just ordering through the vendor since they're offering us free shipping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
In the interest of full disclosure I wanted to also mention that there are some other colors and versions of this diecast available through other vendors. Below is a list with links:

HCS cars in Raven Black or Tahoe Turquoise at Collectors Guild.
Collectors Guild (www.diecastbymail.com) has also been kind enough to offer site members free shipping on these HCS models. You'll need to place your order by phone to take advantage of it. Please mention you're a member of this site when ordering. They are open 8 to 6pm (EST) Monday to Friday. 9 to 5 Saturdays
1-800-653-0251

GT/CS cars in Candyapple Red, Black Chrome or 24k Gold plated at Mini Muscle Cars.

68gt390

Jon;
There is no need for you to apologize. What it actually comes down to is Greenlight dragging their feet on this whole deal. Not only were they late in getting ordering info to you they didn't even bother to mention the additional color's that were being done for some of their distributor's. :mad: Plus, the fact they said there was no interest in the Royal Maroon car was hog wash. Just plain bad business if you ask me on their part. As far as I'm concerned the only bright part for us is that we got a diecast of the GT/CS put out on the market for all to see.

Thanks Jon for all your help on this.

Don

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
hcsstang said:
Just wondering why the price differs from the GTCS towards the HCS?
My guess is because it's a limited production. The other limited production versions like the black chrome and 24k gold plated are also more money.

BroadwayBlue

Thanks for the info Jon!
I placed my order.
Looks like they offer free shipping on all pre-orders not bad.
I pre-ordered a Batmobile due out next year.
Mattel is finally making a model of the TV series version.
The licensing for that was always something companies couldn't get or afford to get. Corgi was the only one that did a version of that from what I recall.

That and the CS will be a great addition to my collection.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Jayscal said:
Jon,

Do you think Mini Muscle will give us free shipping?
I sent them an email, but didn't get a response. I didn't spend more time following up because I wanted to get this info out to everyone as soon as possible. It's already been delayed too long.

Mini Muscle already has free shipping on their more expensive colors, so I'm not sure what else they would do. Maybe that's why they didn't respond.

Ausi_CS

To overseas purchasers...be aware. The freight costs to most overseas locations is nearly three times the purchase price.

To Australia it is US$130 for a single vehicle purchase, plus the US$44.95 car - US$175, that is $230 down under dollars.

Ouch, may have to wait until it is offerred retail in Aus, will be more than the US$45 but a whole lot less that $200 odd.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
WOW! $130 just for postage?!?! :eek: I'm going to the post office today to check on pricing of mailing 5 calendars to another Aussie member. I'll see if I can get pricing for mailing a diecast too.

case12

yikes - I checked and it was $12 to send the metal license frames to Australia, and $11 to send to Iceland. Granted, the metal frames may weigh a little less or be treated differently coming in an envelope rather than a box - but $130 sounds like too much. casey

Diesel Donna

I think it was about $10.00 to mail one metal and one plastic license plate frame to Australia from California in a padded envelope.

gt bandit

Received my Black Chrome CS a couple of weeks ago from Mini Muscle , all up it was $100USD.

arrived in a very professional package -

I was getting worried until my wife spilt the beans she had corralled the car thinking it would make a nice Xmas Gift- Meanwhile i began abusing Mini Muscle for late delivery ---------------- &^*&(*)*)(_(_ {:

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
So, wait...Your wife thought it would be a good Xmas gift to give you the car you already ordered? :grin:

rvrtrash

Hey that's a good woman he's got. Not only does she have great taste in gifts but she knows how to save money. :grin:

Steve