• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale GT/CS Project on eBay - May be a BB

Mosesatm

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 34

CougarCJ

Definitely one of those cars that someone needs to see in person. That is an FE engine on the stand, but looks like passenger car exhaust manifold on that cylinder head.
The car I bought had a similar set of pictures on Craig's list, clutter and stuff piled on top of the car. Parts not organized, brief description. Most all of the hard to find GT/CS parts were there. I took a chance and scored a great deal on mine. :grin:

Maine gt/cs

I have read that the 2 r-code automatic GT/CS's have been located. Has anyone ever heard of the only 4 speed R-code GT/CS being located. What a great find that would be.

Tim

Ruppstang

So you are saying only 3 428 CS's made? Thought the number was a bit higher.

That is my understanding there were only 3. But of the 251 HCS 9 were R codes. I guess they like to go fast in the high country.
Marty

somethingspecial

There were a total of 12 R code cars built with the GT/CS package. Nine were HCS, and three were GT/CSs. I have the Marti Report for the only GT/CS R code, 4 Speed car. Rumor has it is is also in Utah and alive and well. I do not know who owns it, but I was told years ago by the former Registrar that the owners told him they did not wish to be in the Registry and wanted to stay anonymous. I posted the Marti below. Mike

Attachments

• 8R01R166017marti.jpg
    8R01R166017marti.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

sportyworty

Mike the White 4.30 gear 4 speed GT/CS is in Wisconsin now.

That is an old Marti when he was still calling out the wide ratio instead of close. In the beginning he was calling out the Y axle as a 4.11 like it had been in earlier years. The order imaging was a learning cure he said.

Notice it was a stock order as well. Someone at the dealership built a ringer. That is a very very special car and it remains in very nice shape

somethingspecial

Are the owners here on this site or are they still anonymous? Glad to hear it IS alive and well. A real GEM there.

Edward Bodoh

R codes

So am I understanding all three R codes are now known to be in existence? I thought 2 have been found and the third still missing?

390cs68rcode

That is my understanding there were only 3. But of the 251 HCS 9 were R codes. I guess they like to go fast in the high country.
Marty

guess I remembered the 9 as CS's. ;)

We talked with one of the 428 CS owners here on the forum years ago. Pretty sure he even sent a photo. I know I tried to convince him to sell it to me too!

Ruppstang

Here is John's car at the St George UT MCA national show. It was really beautiful. The 68 HCS J code we are now restoring is Brittney blue as well but with stripes.
Marty

Ruppstang

The pictures did not attach the first time.

Attachments

• St George UT 015.jpg
    St George UT 015.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 47
  • St George UT 016.jpg
    St George UT 016.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 40

sportyworty

All 3 of the GT/CS and 7 of the 9 HCS 428 Cobra Jet cars are accounted for.

anonymous...until I get it ha!!

somethingspecial

Since you seem to be the only one who knows where it is, I really hope you can get your hands on it. Is that car like a crown jewel. He who has THAT car will be KING!!!!!! LOL

classicsguy

The owner said that he has a Marti report for this project and will send it to me.
Here is the vin: 8R01C143535

somethingspecial

That one is in the Registry, we just don't have a Marti on the car yet. When you get the Marti, can you please pass it on to me. Thanks, Mike

68sunlitgold

Yes it is when you get the 428 engine and you will note it does not have the turn signal hood.

Doug

sportyworty

Maybe it has been clipped but those are correct 68 only wrap around tower braces. Perhaps an anomaly. Certainly happened more often in 69/70 and sometimes you only got one side lol

Thanks for the words of encouragement Mike ! It would certainly be the top dog in the 8nhalf coupe sector

hawkeyegold

good to know.. thanks! I'm getting a marti report done on my 68 now.. and it has the same scoop and hood.. but it's no 428... probabaly an after market scoop...