• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Most desirable factory color for 1968 GT/CS?

GT/CS S Code

Just our humble opinion ....

Well .... Candy Apple Red seems like a nice colour .....!

:grin:

Attachments

• 68 GT California Special 004.jpg
    68 GT California Special 004.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 22

PFSlim

No, no, no. We are all very sure that Acapulco Blue was the most desirable color to select. I am almost 15.5% sure about that fact.

Paul

Attachments

• Stevenson506.JPG
    Stevenson506.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 18

case12

Well I can say that the most ordered color in 1968 was Candyapple Red, and Acapulco Blue was the third most ordered color. Bet you can't guess the second most ordered color..... :tongue: Casey

Midnight Special

...I guess I lean towards red, but don't think I'd turn down any of the colors. Black is certainly the most difficult to keep pristine IMO.

Any of them beat some of the "refrigerator" colors of the '50s ;-)

Attachments

• IM000950.jpg
    IM000950.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 29

p51

Is there any other color ?

Top three colors (priority order)...

(1) Red
(2) Red
(3) Red

It has been determined that red actually boosts your (perceived) speed by at least 10 mph. :wink:

deestix

I'm fairly certain that statistically, Lime Gold was the 2nd most popular color for all Mustangs in 1968.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I know most people are going to disagree but I am not a fan of RED....its too common at shows,if you had a lime green GT/CS it was probably changed to red,,so even if they did not come as a factory color(red) they were painted red.

One color that I believe looks good is ROYAL MAROON and if it comes with a parchment interior its an awesome combination!

CougarCJ

Donna's Right

Yes indeedy!! I read it was the most popular color!! I have no idea why.

Donna's right, according to Kevin Marti's book Mustang by the Numbers for 1968 Mustang coupes, color code I Lime Gold was the most popular color, about 14% of all 1968 Mustang coupes were painted that color. Followed by T - Red (about 10%)

1. I - Lime Gold
  2. T - Candyapple Red
  3. M - Wimbledon White
  4. D - Acapulco Blue
  5. Y - Sunlit Gold
  6. R - Highland Green
*I don't have the numbers for GT/CS specific.

A little different story for Cougars that year (1968).

1. I - Lime Frost
  2. R - Augusta Green
  3. M - Polar White
  4. Y - Grecian Gold
  5. T - Cardinal Red
  6. B - Black Cherry

Notice that F-L-M used a different name for the same color code on the Mercury car line?

case12

To clarify, the colors and numbers I was speaking to are for the GT/CS and HCS only. 1. Red, 2. Lime Gold, 3. Acapulco Blue. Casey