• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New car discovered in backyard

mbsf1970

J156300.
It is not in online registry or in PN's book. It would need a Marti to confirm but I was led to it tonight at local car show and went for a drive after show and located it!!

From first appearances, its a highland green standard shift with disc brakes no a/c. Must have had some front end damage at one point because it no longer sports fog lights or hood pins (or even holes for pins) Maybe its a restoration for Neil since its Highland Green!!! Owner was very nice and gave me some of his time to chat about it. Believe he's had it since late 1970's. oh, and it has a clock!!

Anyway, I gave owner the address for site and he may or may not come for a visit! If he does, he can fill in the info gaps.

Stephen

gscott

There's another here in Porterville, Ca. I tried to buy it from the owner before I bought the one I own now. Its vin is 8R01C151633. Not sure if it's in the registry. I looked closely at the car and it's the real deal. All red inside and out with white stripes. Also has factory A/C. The owner told me not interested in selling. It's a future project for his boys and him. He's owned it for over 25 years. After my investigation trying to find the owner he doesn't want to be contacted again and has covered it with black plastic. It's setting behind a big storage building that has a small 10 foot area to see just a glimpse of it going down the road. Another that probably will not be saved. Because of the covering I bet it's worse now than before. It needed a full resto. I'll try to post pics but I'm not a good pic poster on this site. lol

somethingspecial

Thanks Guys, Neither one is in the Registry. Keep up your hound dog efforts. This is what makes this hobby fun. Mike.

Mosesatm

Here is the Marti Report for the one in Calgary

Attachments

• 8R01J156300.jpg
    8R01J156300.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Mosesatm

And the Marti for the one in California

Attachments

• 8R01C151633 (772x1000).jpg
    8R01C151633 (772x1000).jpg