• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New member!!!! 68 California Special!

lucky1968

Hello guys I recently purchased a 68 GT/CS and am currently doing a full restoration on it I will be posting a lot pictures and asking a lot of questions!

franklinair

WELCOME! You've come to the right place.
Lots of info, advice, and help here.
Where'd you find your GT/CS?
We love photos!

Neil

OP
OP
L

lucky1968

I found it at a body shop it had been there 4 years the owner was in the Navy and was stationed in Japan we contacted him and began negotiations to purchase it from him 3 weeks later it was mine!

OP
OP
L

lucky1968

Here is a picture of the car the day I picked it up about 3 months ago

Attachments

• 1264.jpg
    1264.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 72

stangfan

Welcome aboard. Lots of experts in here to help with any issues you run into. Keep us posted on the restoration. Is the car in the Registry already?

dalorzo_f

Welcome to the club... looks like a bit of work ahead of you. Post details on the car; engine, options, etc... and your plans concours, "close" or...???

OP
OP
L

lucky1968

I currently have it on the rotisserie media blasted it down to the bare metal!

Attachments

• 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 138.jpg
    138.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 51
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 51

Mosesatm

Wow, that looks really solid. Is there no rust at all, other than the old door patch?
When you have a minute please send your VIN to Mike the Registrar (somethingspecial) so he can include the car in the registry. Or send it to me and I'll get it to him.

Thanks
Arlie

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Hey lucky, and welcome! Glad to see you made it.

(I saw a video he posted on Facebook of his media blasting his Special and invited him to come join the forum.)