• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Paint

franklinair

The CS got colorized last Friday: Highland Green

Neil

Attachments

• Green CS1.JPG
    Green CS1.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Green CS2.JPG
    Green CS2.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Green CS3.JPG
    Green CS3.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 47

sam

great color....same as the one I had in college. Highland Green is the best !
Sam

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Wish I could take credit for the painting, BUT- that ability has long escaped me. My friend owns a paint & body shop, and his son is the artist. There were many hours devoted to body work & prep. The left side took a pretty good hit in its past, so I opted for a new front fender, headlight bucket, used door (thankfully no rust), and the rear quarter had to be refit. I'm very pleased with the results.

Neil

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

robert campbell

When I inspected it, I could see the damage in the "C" pillar. Followed it around to the door jam area. Did not seem to get into the sill area, and the door looked "ok". I figured it would need some quarter panel work.

Guess the door and fender hid the damage fairly well!! I bought an ivy gold 67 coup that took a hit right in the door hinge area. They slapped a new door on it and mudded up the windshield pillar. I missed the damage completely!! Ended up cutting a section out of the top and had to weld in a new windshield pillar and a quarter of the top....

I guess I spent to much time looking down the sides and fenders.... I was perfect otherwise.

I love highland green!!

Rob

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Yep. The black CS project is on the back burner 'til I finish the Highland Green beauty.

Neil