• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Prepping for VA Beach

6t8-390gt

Neil,
You can move the car each evening; MCA rules just state that you can't move it doing show hours. There are a lot of people who remove their cars every night.

Danny

Ruppstang

Neil there is a Econo lodge in Chesapeake that is new for $59 is a few miles from the show but not that far. I think that there is a Comfort Suites also for around $100. We are lucky we are staying with our daughter, our room comes with a grandson for entertainment. Marty

franklinair

I'm glad Danny pointed out that you can move the car at day's end. That'll help. Now I have to locate a copy of MCA show rules. I can't log onto their site- it asks for MCA#, which I have, but your password is "your last name as it appears on your Mustang Times label." BUT- the magazine is mailed in a plastic envelope (with label on it).Once you remove the envelope (and throw it away!!) you don't have the password. Apparently there's something else included with your last name.
Just need to familiarize myself with show protocol. I haven't entered a car in a MCA show for MANY years due to a bad experience in a Charlotte show.

Neil

BroadwayBlue

Now I have to locate a copy of MCA show rules.
Neil

Neil I sent you an email. Good luck and enjoy!

Also ... somehow your next post says it was done tomorrow ??? How did you do that? Some kind of North Carolina magic?

It's 11:15pm on 8/3 in NY - your next post says it was posted at 12:55am on 8/4. My post even got posted before your future post.

If you can see into the future can you let me know the winning lottery numbers for this weekend? :icon_ecst

franklinair

Sorry about that ;(
I wrote that first thread about 8:30PM EDT. Don't know how the time stamp showed later. ??????

Neil

franklinair

Getting the C/S ready for the trek to VA Beach MCA show:
The A/C was blowing nice cold air (after a can of R-12 freon), but most of the air was coming out the floor registers instead of the dash. Past experience has shown me that's a vauum problem in the control system. I found one of the vacuum lines loose @ the control/selector. Fixed it, and all is well.
Still trying to find a decent hotel there. The host hotels are $150/night- kinda stiff. Others close by have bad reviews from previous guests. I'll need something close by if my car is going to be tied up, in the show. If no luck, I'll scrub the trip.

Neil

Ruppstang

I posted after Neil too , could not figure out why mine came up before his. I think Neil has a time machine and he is going to travel to the show get judged then return fix all the deductions and get a gold. Neil what class are you thinking of entering? Marty

Russ

Neil,
My wife and I are making our way along I-40 to Virginia Beach and hope you are able to make the show. We stopped in Nashville to see the Grand Ole Opry and will be in VA later this week. I noticed you did not get into the Ashville show (too bad), and I received an email from them stating that there are over 500 Mustangs entered in this event....probably too many cars to really see! I have our lime gold GT/CS with us in the trailer and will be staying in our motorhome for both events. I look forward to seeing our east coast GT/CS friends at these shows.
Russ

franklinair

No go. Circumstances prevent me from making my planned trip to VA Beach :( We are so busy at our airport I cannot in good conscience break away for 4 or 5 days. I oversee all aircraft repairs/inspections and we are loaded with work.
So sorry- I was looking forward to seeing Marty, Russ, and other C/S folks.

Neil

Ruppstang

So sorry we will not get to see you again. We have owned our own business for 27 years so I know sometimes you just can't leave. I'll miss seeing you and your car. May be next year at Steamboat Springs. Marty

6t8-390gt

We made it home... traffic was terrible the whole way home for us. I enjoyed seeing Tom, Russ, and Marty. I hope Russ and Marty have a safe trip home.

I decided at the last minute not to take my car and actually enjoyed the weekend without having to worry about it. I am already looking forward to the 2011 MCA show schedule. I hope to get to Long Island, NY National and of course the 2011 Grand National which is being held in Maryland and hosted by my regional club.

Congratulation to everyone and hope to see you guys again soon.

hcsstang

I was putting my car in the trailer for the night and here comes a guy on a motorcycle and he stopped to chat a little and it was 68 sunlitgold.
Russ , glad to see you again. Racing fan stopped by for a while. Keith and Vickie had their 68 yellow GTCS and they also judge . .

Ruppstang

We just got back home to night 1400 mi. and 24hrs one way in the saddle. I must say I got a bad case of Mustang butt. We had a great time at the show I got to see Danny,Tom and Russ. Also got in a little grandson time. I did not have much time to talk by the time I got our car clean,went to the judges meeting and judged 4 cars Saturday was gone. Had a little time to talk on Sunday. Sorry Tom I never got to sign your book. Never had time to walk through all the cars once. I was a bit dissapointed about that.
I knew all four of owners of the cars that I judged. It is hard see them disapointed in their out come but it does not help them improve their car to not be honest. I did my best. Marty