• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Who's going to Vegas?

clubpro

I just wanted to check and see if any of you good people are planning on attending the Vegas birthday bash next week. Two cars will be driving down from Sacramento, one GT/CS and one HCS. Anyone else planning on going?

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• 68 HCS.jpg
    68 HCS.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Roy's GTCS.jpg
    Roy's GTCS.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 66

lnevill

We have about 15 cars from Boise heading down on Wednesday. Bonnie and Clyde (my Brittany Blue 4 speed S code GT/CS) is months out, so I will be trailering our 1970 grabber blue boss 302.

I will be checking out GT/CS & HCS cars for clues on how to finish out B&C.

Lee Nevill
Boise, Idaho

CougarCJ

Scott,
How's your car coming along?

I am in a kind of holding pattern right now. Neil, will probably have the car after the one he is working on now, finished before I get this one done. LOL

It is hard to find motivation to work on my cars, when I spend 8-10 hours a day, playing with old cars and parts. :embarass:

Edward Bodoh

Hi all....driving my 08 grabber to vegas in the morning. 68 cs isn't ready for something like this just yet.

Mike, did u happen to get my email last week regarding an early Gtcs I ran into? Not literraly, I saw it at mustangs plus show last week. For the other gurus in here...vin is 8r01c113096. Document states it as "California mustang promotion vehicle"... Has all the right indications of a true cs. Pics if y'all wanna see...pretty sure the car isn't in registry. Ivy gold Ed here.

hicountrybob

I just wanted to check and see if any of you good people are planning on attending the Vegas birthday bash next week. Two cars will be driving down from Sacramento, one GT/CS and one HCS. Anyone else planning on going?

Cheers,

Ron[ , ] Cal Sp and 4 HCS including my X and R code HCS, plus some late and early Mustangs from our EARLY MUSTANG CLUB MEMBERSHIP are leaving Denver tomorrow AM (Tuesday) coming in from the north east. Will be looking forward to BSing with my fellow hc and cal. sp. brohers and sisters and kicking some car parts and whatever. I'll bring some HCS decals and ped lamps kits for any of you that have these needs. Bob Teets here at CELL phone 720-331-3866. Let's get together, people, and have a good time mixing and telling lies to one another. Lookin forward to some meeting and mixing time,

OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

That's great news Bob! I look forward to seeing you and catching up. Good to hear that you are bringing some HCS decals too. I need two for my car plus I would like to have a couple of extras just in case. We will be there Wednesday around noon so maybe we can get together for dinner Wednesday night.

See you soon!

Ron

robert campbell

Hi all....driving my 08 grabber to vegas in the morning. 68 cs isn't ready for something like this just yet.

Mike, did u happen to get my email last week regarding an early Gtcs I ran into? Not literraly, I saw it at mustangs plus show last week. For the other gurus in here...vin is 8r01c113096. Document states it as "California mustang promotion vehicle"... Has all the right indications of a true cs. Pics if y'all wanna see...pretty sure the car isn't in registry. Ivy gold Ed here.

I would love to see pictures! After that I may send for a Marti on it. My car is 8R01J123143 with a January 2nd build date. I am always interested in early cars that may have been much earlier than conventional "GT/CS" wisdom. My cars Marti says it was born as a Gold Nugget Special, but some of these were rumored to have been converted into a Gold Nugget GT/CS so to speak. The car you saw should have the early recessed rear quarter reflectors and many of the early "promotional" GT/CS cars were loaded with options. My car is.

Rob

hicountrybob

That's great news Bob! I look forward to seeing you and catching up. Good to hear that you are bringing some HCS decals too. I need two for my car plus I would like to have a couple of extras just in case. We will be there Wednesday around noon so maybe we can get together for dinner Wednesday night.

See you soon!

Ron

Ron, what's your cell # . Mine is 720-331-3866 Bob Teets here. ( Home 303-424-3866)

hicountrybob

See you soon!

Ron

Ron, what's your cell # Mine C 720-331-3866 Home 303-424-3866- Bob T. here.

OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

Hi Bob,

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I got my HCS back from having all 4 brakes completely redone with new drums, shoes and wheel cylinders and had to get it ready for the trip. My cell is 916-747-4745 and we are heading out of here tomorrow (Tuesday) around 1pm driving to Bakersfield where we will spend the night. We plan on being in Vegas no later than 1pm on Wednesday.

Cheers,

Ron

68 special

Hello all,

My wife and I will be flying in on Wed. afternoon. I'm spending Wed. afternoon and evening with family. What's the schedule for Thurs and Fri.

Where is everyone staying? We are at the Downtown Grand, Wed - Sat.

Hope to see you all.
Cell; 425-446-0643

Bret

68 special

WOW, I have never seen that many Mustangs in one place. Had a great talk with Bob Teets and Ron, clubpro, Met a couple from Alaska with their '67 HCS and ran into an original owner 428 R code GT/CS. I thought it was John McGilvary's car, but it's not, looks identical. He said he's been on this site before. He told the story about how he bought it new. Saw a couple " barn" find Shelby's also. Time for a beer and unwind.

Bret

JohnsCS/CJ

That was me Bret, (John McGilvary), nice to meet you. My friend, Johnny, the new owner and my close friend and I were at the show. There is only one Brittany Blue Cobra Jet Cal. Special.

It was so cool, we were interviewed by the news and by at least three reporters. They filmed us and got the story of how I got the CS, and how my friend Johnny and I came to an agreement and he became the second owner.

I had many offers and turned them all down. Johnny lives just up the street from me and he loves Mustangs as much as I do. After a few years of talking Mustangs with him, I asked Johnny if he would like to buy the CS, cause he had the funds to restore the CS, and I did not and he agreed.

Ya its the best of all worlds for me, I am able see it restored to all its glory, drive it, shine it whenever I have the urge.

Powell

Great to hear from you John. It's so nice to see the "SPECIAL" special out at the show.

OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

It was a great collection of Mustangs and the High Country Special was well represented. Mine unfortunately had some overheating issues and didn't make it to Vegas. Here are some of our family photos from the show;

Attachments

• Pres.blueCS.jpg
    Pres.blueCS.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Yellow HCS.jpg
    Yellow HCS.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Gold HCS.jpg
    Gold HCS.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Bobs beauties.jpg
    Bobs beauties.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 390Xcode.jpg
    390Xcode.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 67HCS.jpg
    67HCS.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

Here is the rarest GT/CS made. It is the first Cobra Jet Mustang made and it has been with the same owner since new until just recently. The V.I.N. on the dash was even missing the engine designation letter because when it was built they hadn't decided what letter to give the 428 Cobra Jet.

Attachments

• 428CJNo1.jpg
    428CJNo1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 428GTCS.jpg
    428GTCS.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 428CJ.jpg
    428CJ.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Missing Letter.jpg
    Missing Letter.jpg