• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Why a GT/CS or HCS?

What made you acquire your current GT/CS? (Choose all that apply)

• Total voters

Redwingrobb

Diesel Donna said:
Robb~

I think this IS the club!
~~~~Donna

Okay, you're right! Guess I just want some mags that I can look back on years from now to remember all this good to know info. And a membership sticker on my car would look cool....Robb

Diesel Donna

Robb...Paul N. put out a sticker years ago. I have two on my car...maybe there will be a new one in his new book! Be sure to order one.

~~~~Donna

rvrtrash

Two things. I will be hosting a CS "mini-meet" in Northern Idaho in June. If you're able to attend you would be welcome. I'll post more info as the time approaches. I will also be in Arizona the last week of March, doing the tourist thing. If anyone wants to have lunch or something and BS for a bit, let me know and I'll let you know what day I'll be where (private email would probably be best so we don't fill up the thread).
Steve

Beau66

HCS purchase story

I was ready to purchase an 05 Mustang when a light bulb went off in my head. I have owned a 66 coupe since 1979 and have always wanted to own a 66 convertible. Therefore, the decision to purchase a new one quickly changed to search for an old one. I surfed the web for at least 3 months and narrowed my choices to 4 that had my interest. The process of elimination began to arrive @ "The One for Me". LOL. Neither the seller or I knew that the car was a HCS. All that I knew from the info received from the seller was that the codes reflected "special order unit". I had no idea what a HCS was. I purchase the car because of its condition, price, sellers history of the car, the communication between the seller and I, and my consience told me, this is the one. It just felt right. After I purchased the car, I began to further investigate info on the car. This led me to Bob Teets and this website. The car is listed in the registry with Bob and what a great surprise for me. I am very proud of the car and being an HCS, just makes it that much better. I am the third owner. The original owner purchase the car in Colorado, then sold to the second owner in which lived in New Mexico.

1fb1gtcs

I first heard about my cs from my father, he is a truck driver in Northern California. I was looking for a project car and actually bought a 67 fastback already when he told me there was a California Special sitting in a ditch on someone's property up there. I had only seen pictures of a GT/CS in a book I was reading, and I figured it wasn't worth it to ask about the car, it seems now that people are always holding on to the cars that are rotting away on their land. But my dad stopped by and asked, it was an old lady that owned the car, she said it is worth 10K but she would take 4K right now! We both thought that was a little bit crazy, it didn't run and needed everything. After that the car was somehow moved to the back of the property as the city was starting to crack down on derelict cars sitting in plane view. My dad stopped by from time to time and fixed the lady's other car, a little nissan wagon. She also had 3 mid 50's Buicks that were in about the same condition as the cs. She said if we could get 1 running she might give up the mustang. Well long story short we cleaned up her property, kept her daily driver running, I drove her to AZ to help sell a different piece of real estate and then she said well, that car isn't getting any better sinking in the mud, you might as well take it home. I was really excited then, I now had 2 mustangs and both were something a little special. We rented a flat trailer and brought it home that weekend. I took out the interior first thing because it smelled so bad. I cleaned the dead mice out of the trunk next, and vacuumed all the mice droppings that were everywhere. I really like the car a lot, it wasn't until I got mine that I noticed another one in my area, a nice red one. I never see these cars around now, maybe people in San Francisco just don't drive them much. It's kind of sad I'll probably end up selling it soon, but the only constant thing about life is that it changes. Oh well maybe next time I'll get a really nice one to begin with!