• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New profile posts

Ok, I just wanted to add another Myth vs Fact item on this site. Fact: The GT/CS was actually manufactured at the Milpitas, CA Ford Plant. The plant has now been converted to the "Great Mall" shopping center. The original plant used the framing, and roof structure of the Ford Plant, to contruct this large mall. There is a small Ford Museum in the middle of the mall. Myth: the GT/CS was manufactured in San Jose, CA.
Hi, sorry to bother you. Do you by chance have a picture of your Marchal fog light and hardware as it mounts into the grill bracket? I am trying to determine how long the spacer is and how far it sits from the bracket? Are your Marchal fog lights original and hardware? Would so appreciate it. Thanks, Wally (307) 448-7342 or wallaceandkaren@yahoo.com
Hey Sheryl, just seeing this. Everything was corrected by replacing the bulbs with plasma LED's and repairing the grounds. The ground system is garbage! My guess is the grounds were the problem and repairing them was really the trick. I screwed the ground straight to one of the ribs on the housing. Yeah, not concourse, but who's gonna see it. But, the LED's are bright and look great. Thanks!
Hi Ricky
sorry im so late getting back to you. Did you fix your car?
I have several mustangs and post a lot on this site, so im now sure what thread, but if the tail lights are going off with the head lights, its the head light switch. Easy to replace, I like using the cougar one, it handles more amps.
Sheryl
Jon;
I posted wiring data on the regular discussion thread, but you may want to move it to the Restoration thread as it pertains to factory wiring data.

Neil
Thank you for reply, my GTCS did not have that option, however the previous owner has added options , delux int , tilt steering etc, I would like to complete the Trunk and include the light, but in doing so , do it correctly. As I mentioned cannot find any information to its location, found some information in regards to Shelby’s but not GTCS
Just bought the GT/CS out of Shelbyville, In. Well optioned Acapulco Blue car. Looking for a passenger side body scoop. I found a repo on CJ parts. Anyone know where I can find a NOS scoop. Thx. Ro
Hi thanks for following up dosen't seem as though sjack is on the forum any longer would you remember where you purchased the rivet tools from Thanks Joe
Hi Sjacks,
Do you still have the rivet tool, could you send them to me
and if you don't have the tool who did you forward them to pm me or text me at
215 688 1913
Thanks
PNSY56SHOP/ Joe
Hey Batgirl89. I recently found a thread about a brake light problem you had some years ago. I am having the exact same problem. Reading through your thread, I don't see what really fixed it. Can you elaborate for me please and thanks!...Ricky
Last I saw Cool Manchu sent it to sjacks... never seen or heard from again. Maybe you should resurrect the old post and we'll try to shame the tool out of whoever has it! I spent a lot of time getting the grille right!
Hi Tom,
I have two full automatic black lower consoles. One is in excellent condition and I need $850 for it. The other one needs a lot of work and I would take $200 for it.

I am not sure if you are aware of it but adding a lower console requires a different shifter assembly if it is automatic. I do have a nice one for $100.
If you would like to call me to talk about it my number is 402-416-7107.
Marty
Marty this is Tom Fletcher just seen your answer on the 68 lower concle is this a full lower they can be repainted is it in good condition and your price thanks Tom
How is your dad getting along? I have no way of going to local mustang shows. I haven't drove a car the last 3mo.
Hi
Its been a few years since this post I was wondering do you still have the tool for the rivet installation. if so are you still loaning them out?
Thanks Joe
Unfortunately I can't. I have little kids that I coach in several sports. Limits my ability to make long trips!