• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 68.5 car

Armond

I need to post a few before I can attach a few pictures of a question I have. So hello California special owners.

OP
OP
Armond

Armond

Yes I am on the other Forums. Thanks for the welcome. I am current working on the Brit blue R code Cal special car. I will be searching here and asking some questions. The car is pretty much original, but there are always questions. Thanks!

Powell

Hi Armond,

Welcome to the this great site. I was more than interested seeing your post, and the fact that you are in Lehi, Ut. Having been born and raised in Lehi before moving to the Great Northwest. I am also in shock learning that John NcGilvary sold his car. I don't recall it being for sale. Anyway I enjoyed looking at your website and your great work.

Ralph

OP
OP
Armond

Armond

Thanks Ralph! John had his reasons and if he wants to expand that I'll leave that to him. He sold it to the right guy!

J_Speegle

Hi Armond - welcome

Interesting car - wish I could have added it to my small group but you can't have them all LOL

One more post so you get your limit ;)

sportyworty

Hey Armond how about a pic of the bay? was the starter delay relay still in place when it came in.

azbeneman

Armond, great website. It looks like you do really nice work.

Has anyone seen the Marti figure for how many GTCS Cobra Jets were built? Just curious.

68CaliSp

There were only 3 GT/CS's made with 428s.

Edit: "They only made 3-factory 428 GT/CS cars. They made 9-CJ HCS cars though. Of the 9-HCS cars produced, I think 6 are accounted for." From GTCSMustang

hicountrybob

There were only 3 GT/CS's made with 428s.

Edit: "They only made 3-factory 428 GT/CS cars. They made 9-CJ HCS cars though. Of the 9-HCS cars produced, I think 6 are accounted for." From GTCSMustang

Got 7 of the 9 in the registry, now. This # 7 is in northern California, 2 to go and hope they show up in my lifetime.

OP
OP
Armond

Armond

Here is a shot of the starter delay. It is the original, it has been painted with some silver paint. I'll restore it back. It is mounted differently than the Dearborn cars I have done. Mounted above the solenoid rather than with it. Also a picture of the right front inner fender, very cool.

68Calsptrunklid001.jpg

68Calsptrunklid002.jpg

68Calsptrunklid005-1.jpg