• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'68 GT/CS vs. '07/'08 GT/CS

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Again, my thanks for everyone's comments. They are honest and I think the open discussion only strengthens the CS marque.

Is starting this thread, I never intended to "guilt trip" anyone, nor did I have any agenda in mind. I just wanted to see where everyone stood on this subject.

For what it's worth, I think we're ahead of other clubs and registries in that we've (now) talked out and have come to an understanding (both as a group and as individuals) about the old and new versions. I'm not sure that the Shelby folks have done that, nor others like Charger, Camaro, Challenger, etc... it will be interesting to see what happens there.

I will say that the interest and "immersion" in the '68 version is really still quite strong, and it reminds me of that phrase: "they'll have to pry my cold dead hands off....". The new version only emulates and supports the original CS, not detracts from it. These cars will live forever!!!

We have MUCH to be proud of in our enthusiasm, and support of others, regardless of the year of GT/CS.

Paul.

p.s. Steve: "Pantera"?? I want a Mangusta...it almost became the Cobra replacement back then.

rvrtrash

p.s. Steve: "Pantera"?? I want a Mangusta...it almost became the Cobra replacement back then.

I think I saw a Mangusta project car on Ebay in the last few days. You should look into it.

Steve

rvrtrash

How about a new adopted daughter? You don't have one of those yet, do you?.....:grin:

Actually I have two daughters in law that act like adopted daughters (don't hear from them till they need advice, money or babysitting).:wink: What the heck though. The more the merrier. You got yourself a job! :eek:

Steve

Midnight Special

Sorry Robert, Joe beat you in the adopted son race by at least a year. :grin:
The 70 Boss you're looking at seems nice. Have you gone to the Boss 302 Registry site yet? They have stuff for sale all the time. I'm not for sure on the 07 CS.

Steve

Yes Steve, 'quietly educating myself in that direction. 'Thinkin now about moving on to fewer, tho more exotic Mustangs...

case12

The guys at SAAC (Shelby Club) have all the same discussions and opinions. Yet, the registrar has to decide what is, or is not a Shelby. And the registrar has to decide what to invite to the SAAC shows. A GT/CS is a GT/CS no matter what year it is - as long as it's authenticity can be verified. (same for HCS). So, Paul, as our registrar has to consider them all. On the other hand, various groups may find discussions of different interests. Recognizing our differences, and respecting them is what we should be about, while at the same time we still agree that a GT/CS is a GT/CS no matter what the year it was born.

--Registry - they are all GT/CS

--Discussion Forums - we can have different forums or sites to discuss our different areas of interests - ok with me. Just let me know where they are because I would like to read both.

Casey

CALIF GIRL

Actually I have two daughters in law that act like adopted daughters (don't hear from them till they need advice, money or babysitting).:wink: What the heck though. The more the merrier. You got yourself a job! :eek:

Steve

Cool....thanks, Dad, can't wait to take the cars for a spin with my " new brother Joe"...we can see who makes the most smoke in the driveway. :grin:

Wayne Westmoreland

I felt welcomed when I first found this site. If it weren't for this site, I would not know or have the respect that I do for the history of the CS.

I love my 07 GT/CS, but have tremendous respect for the 68's. As soon as I can, I may be looking to add one to my herd.

No doubt they are different cars.... but I don't see why one should take away from the other.

mustangj

I love owning my 07 CS, it is great fun to drive and it definitely gets attention. I also love the first generation cars and if I had the time and mechanical knowledge to restore and keep an old car running I would have one of those too. Hopefully one day I will have a 68 CS to sit beside my 07. For now I love reading about the 68s and the 07s. When someone asks me what the CS means on my car I start out with, "In 1968 Ford made a limited edition Mustang called the California Special....." I respect all Mustangs, I've even seen some Mustang IIs that I liked. I believe that our love and appreciation of all things Mustang gives us enough in common to get along and learn from each other. So I'll keep learning from the "old car guys" and if anyone is interested in knowing about the new CSs I'll gladly share what little bit I know. Thanks for a great forum.

hotrodgrany

I felt welcomed when I first found this site. If it weren't for this site, I would not know or have the respect that I do for the history of the CS.

I love my 07 GT/CS, but have tremendous respect for the 68's. As soon as I can, I may be looking to add one to my herd.

No doubt they are different cars.... but I don't see why one should take away from the other.
I quite agree with what you said, as I to have a 07, if it weren't for the 68's where would all us newbes be. No matter what,I still enjoy this forum, don't see myself leaving.

mustangj

Hey! Who you calling old? :mad: :grin:

I thought we weren't trying to be too PC, maybe I should have said "advanced aged car people" so I wouldn't offend the older men and alienate the female members. My mistake!!:rolleyes: :icon_lol: (Just kidding I know Rich was just kidding) I love this site not just for the good info but also for the humor that is frequently displayed. I hope everyone keeps up the good work.