• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Can someone check a GT/CS for me in Ca (near LA) ?

classicsguy

If needed and reach a price agreement; can someone check out a 1968 GT/CS for me near LA?

Please post here or pm me.

Thanks

davidathans

Thats not too far away...i'd be willing to go check it out for you...but i need more info. PM me with the owners phone # and name so i can call him up to get directions and schedule a time to go check it out

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Thats not too far away...i'd be willing to go check it out for you...but i need more info. PM me with the owners phone # and name so i can call him up to get directions and schedule a time to go check it out

Thats great David! I already asked for the owners name and phone number,as soon as he gives it to me I will pm you.

P

PNewitt

oh no.

This sounds like the same place that Amy bought her black CS. Is this a body shop?

We're talking a potential nightmare situation. You should have a side conversation with Amy (Aemoo), and ClubPro.

Buyer Beware!

Paul N.

Midnight Special

oh no.

This sounds like the same place that Amy bought her black CS. Is this a body shop?

We're talking a potential nightmare situation. You should have a side conversation with Amy (Aemoo), and ClubPro.

Buyer Beware!

Paul N.

...From the guy who wants a premium (Shelby) price for his basket case...

CG, at least you're asking to have it looked at by people who really know and the price seems reasonable even if there are some flaws. Stay the course and do your homework. Besides; what percentage of 40 year old cars haven't seen a "body shop"?

Last edited:

aemoo28

Tim!!

I THOUGHT I did enough research. This seller was recommended to me by two different people on this forum who purchased CSs from seller.

But please, if anyone buys a car anywhere near said place above, PLEASE be extra careful.

Midnight Special

Tim!!

I THOUGHT I did enough research. This seller was recommended to me by two different people on this forum who purchased CSs from seller.

But please, if anyone buys a car anywhere near said place above, PLEASE be extra careful.

...Sorry Amy, I'll delete the (parenthasis) comment.

If it is the same seller - the car I bought from him remains the most reliable and among the best "attention getters" of the flock. Call me lucky I guess...

;-)

P

PNewitt

Although, Tim, you're on my "ignore list", from what I gather, you should drop the "shoulda done" diatribe, and think of ways to help her instead.

This whole experience for Amy has been very difficult, and life-changing through the trek she took to get it to Seattle. You can't put a price on experiences like that, and the kindness of folks you'll meet along the way that will truly help you. It's been a test of good character, and stepping up to the plate when one of us needs help.

If she lost money on this venture--so what? She gained things in her life that you can't buy.

The future looks bright, although the engine, etc., is everywhere in her garage. WE all will learn through her experience, and perhaps find out things we may have not known--on these boards.

There will be a day when her CS will be up and running, and she can be proud of her accomplishments--with our help.

This is a process, and a learning curve. If ClassicsGuy learns that there is a bad deal, then he's ahead through Amy's experience. I don't know a thing about that car in El Segundo, but we've all become aware.

my two bits,

Paul N.

Mosesatm

...Snip..

Homework and on-site inspection plus the fact I got a good car from this guy was my message.

Tim, did you buy your car from the same guy who sold Amy hers or from the guy with the Acapulco blue car that is for sale now?

Do we know for sure it's the same person or is it just a coincidence that both cars (Amy's and the blue one) are/were in the same city?

Midnight Special

Tim, did you buy your car from the same guy who sold Amy hers or from the guy with the Acapulco blue car that is for sale now?

Do we know for sure it's the same person or is it just a coincidence that both cars (Amy's and the blue one) are/were in the same city?

...Amy and I each bought a car from 'a' same guy. I had good luck and she had bad (sadly). It may only be coincidence that CG is looking at one in the same town/ different seller, but if not - it is still possible to wind up with a great car (especially an S-code) from the "same" seller based on my experience.

My point to CG has to do with having some good So. Cal talent (David) go and look at the car rather than rely on the predictable speculating from here.

Mosesatm

...Amy and I each bought a car from 'a' same guy. I had good luck and she had bad (sadly). It may only be coincidence that CG is looking at one in the same town/ different seller, but if not - it is still possible to wind up with a great car (especially an S-code) from the "same" seller based on my experience.

My point to CG has to do with having some good So. Cal talent (David) go and look at the car rather than rely on the predictable speculating from here.

Agreed. Joe saved my butt a couple months ago by looking at a car for me that was in much worse condition than the ad stated.

Steve, you raised a good kid!

rvrtrash

Agreed. Joe saved my butt a couple months ago by looking at a car for me that was in much worse condition than the ad stated.

Steve, you raised a good kid!

He was a challenge, but in the end turned out alright. Did I ever tell you about the time he.......:grin::grin:

Steve (Dad to some)

67HCSFB

FYI , no its not a body shop. No its not the same place Amy bought her car. This car is my friends and he purchased it last year and has been restoring it and now wants to sell it. End of story. I just posted it on this site to allow " gt/cs Enthusiasts" a chance to buy it. But its been nothing but a real pain in the butt! Most of the people who post here are fine but there are some real a holes here as well. I am sorry I listed it here , should have just put it up on ebay and called it a day. Lesson learned.

franklinair

In this day & age, skeptism can be the norm. Sorry you feel insulted, but too many folks HAVE been burned by supposedly PRIMO cars that are far, far from it. If you and/or your friend have a truly reputable C/S, more power to you. We do tend to look out for one another on this site, and if you got cought up in friendly fire - sorry. We are family, and only want good/fair treatment for our friends. Not too much to ask, IMO.

Neil