• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS on display

rvrtrash

Here in Post Falls, we have a restaurant called Hot Rod Cafe (www.hotrodcafe.com) dedicated to all things automotive. They have a display area just as you walk in where 1 car is displayed for a period of 2 or 3 weeks. I was invited to put my car there and just dropped it off this morning. I posted a pic of it in my gallery (link below my name). Take a look and tell me what you think. If it was brighter inside, it would've been next years calender shot. It might be anyway.

Steve

Midnight Special

...Very cool Steve! 'Looks like a neat li'l cafe as well :)

Attachments

• vbpgimage.jpg
    vbpgimage.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 99

PFSlim

Steve

Very, very, very cool!!! I have offered mine up several times to our local Ford dealer to place on the showroom floor, however, they have never taken me up on it.

What assurances do you have that folks won't damage it?? Looks like a pretty good display that they can't get that close. Is that the case? How long do you expect it to be showing?

Paul

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

It is kind of protected and there is always a hostess standing at a booth about 8 feet away, but other than that, no assurances. Most people that go there are car people, so I'm not too worried. The owner assured me even the employees aren't allowed to touch the car, so it should be ok. Worst case, that's what insurance is for.

Steve

68 special

Steve, That is way too cool.
I went to a restaurant down hwy. 101 in Florence Or. called Bills Hotrod Cafe that is all car stuff. They didn't have an actual car, but alot of pics from all over the country and memorabilia. 1 pic of a GT/CS.

Mustanger

... Take a look and tell me what you think. If it was brighter inside, it would've been next years calender shot. It might be anyway.

Steve

... if you enter it for the calendar, I'll vote for it ... :thumb:

miller511

Steve,

Very cool!!!

But I want to know how they got your car on that display? Is that entire display thing on wheels?

-Jeff

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

The front part of it is removable. You just back onto it and then they put the wall sections back in place.

Steve

sam

That really looks awesome as a static display. You do have a lot of courage though.......................not to be a naysayer, but what would happen if the building cauhgt fire after hours??? Is your car the e-bay poster that has showcased for bid from time to time? I received one of these posters for Christmas and it looks like your car, right down to the red stripping and chromed wheels??
Sam

68gt390

S W E E T.

Steve; That is really neat. They do something similar to that here at Quaker Stake & Lube in Columbus but, they want your car for a year. Don't think I could let it go for a year. Most of the cars they use here are from dealers. Anyway, congrats. That is a neat shot of your car.

Don

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

That really looks awesome as a static display. You do have a lot of courage though.......................not to be a naysayer, but what would happen if the building cauhgt fire after hours??? Is your car the e-bay poster that has showcased for bid from time to time? I received one of these posters for Christmas and it looks like your car, right down to the red stripping and chromed wheels??
Sam

No one ever asked to use my car on a poster, so it would be news to me. The only decent pics I have of it are on the calenders, so it's probably someone elses.

Steve

Thanks for all the comments! I'm really kind of proud, but hate to admit it.

franklinair

That car is impressive enough to make one consider a color change!! (I'm back from my Florida airshow trip)

Neil

Mosesatm

Sam

Is this the poster?

GT/CS Poster

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

If it is, it's not my car. I have the GT valance with exhaust cutouts.

Steve

TheBlkPearl

Too Cool

Two thumbs up!! I have been there, it is a pretty cool place and host to many hot rod events. Tell them to expand to the Boise area :)

Randy