• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS On Display During Indy 500 Weekend

68gt390

More added excitement. I've been invited by Greenlight Toys to bring either of my cars to their Corporate Headquarters over the Memorial Day weekend (25 - 28 May 06) to be put on display with the new diecast model, which also happens to be Indy weekend. They plan on showing off their entire 2006 model lineup. Should be some pretty neat cars to see. They plan on having a live band and several IRL drivers there as well. Guess which car I'm taking. Now I'll really have to hustle to get everything finished up.

They will be showing the completed GT diecast along with a pre-production GT/CS diecast. Will be neat to see the actual cars along side the models. More exposure for the CS. I will definitely be taking some pictures of this event and will post here on the site. I'm sure Greenlight will also be taking their own photo's for their site.

Don :icon_ecst

Mosesatm

Don, sounds to me like Greenlight needs to have some attractive young ladies showing the new models and your car, wearing V.S. attire. If you take the ensembles to them you can then write the whole thing off as business trip! Just don't get pulled over for speeding. The garments in your trunk might be a little difficult to explain!

390cs68rcode

Mosesatm said:
Don, sounds to me like Greenlight needs to have some attractive young ladies showing the new models and your car, wearing V.S. attire. If you take the ensembles to them you can then write the whole thing off as business trip! Just don't get pulled over for speeding. The garments in your trunk might be a little difficult to explain!

or even some Hooter girls. :grin:

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

PFSlim said:
That is way cool Don. How far is that for you to travel? Trailer??

Paul

Paul;
It's about a 2 hour drive from Columbus. As for a trailer - NOPE. My car has never seen a trailer and wouldn't know what it was if it did. Hope to have it finished by the end of April. Would sure like to get some miles on her before the trip. Heck, right after that it'll be on it's way to Arkansas the end of June first part of July. Besides, I love driving it to much to ever put it on a trailer.

Don :wink:

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

390cs68rcode said:
or even some Hooter girls. :grin:

Arlie & Jason;
I thought of both of those but, I'm sure there will be plenty of eye candy without me trying to stir the pot!!!!!!! Besides, my girlfriend will be going with me. She already told me if I think I'm making that trip alone on Indy weekend, to quote her words "it ain't hapnin". :icon_no:

Don

Mosesatm

68gt390 said:
Arlie & Jason;
I thought of both of those but, I'm sure there will be plenty of eye candy without me trying to stir the pot!!!!!!! Besides, my girlfriend will be going with me. She already told me if I think I'm making that trip alone on Indy weekend, to quote her words "it ain't hapnin". :icon_no:

Don
Women are just so distrustful. I don't know where they get that.

gt bandit

Fantastic News ---------- well done Don , Oh and on that Road trip don't forget to scare the hell out of any rice burner or Camaro (heck their the same anyways) that you come across.