• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS display

bztz4m

Well since Knott's does not allow display boards I worked on a display that would fit on a 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of paper. So for the Photoshop/Paint Shop experts I had to use a 740 x 1040 form and add the pictures. If you have any idea on the displays let me know.

Attachments

• Poster.jpg
    Poster.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 62
  • page1.jpg
    page1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 60
  • page2.jpg
    page2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 40
  • page3.jpg
    page3.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 23
  • page4.jpg
    page4.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 21
  • page5.jpg
    page5.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 29
P

PNewitt

WOW!
That's pretty impressive.

All I would suggest is some sort of comparison between the '68 and '07 versions. Maybe engine, trans, colors, etc...just basic stuff.

But otherwise--this is very cool. You'll get a lot of folks that will stand there and read it all.

A very good job!

Paul N.

OP
OP
B

bztz4m

I guess if I could get a Marti report from a '68 or factory sticker and compare those with my sticker and HVBoM report perhaps do you think that would be ok. What do you think.

Midnight Special

WOW!
That's pretty impressive.

All I would suggest is some sort of comparison between the '68 and '07 versions. Maybe engine, trans, colors, etc...just basic stuff.

But otherwise--this is very cool. You'll get a lot of folks that will stand there and read it all.

A very good job!

Paul N.

...I have to agree, tho what you have is very impressive! Most people I've seen stroll through car shows seem to view only bold typed pertinent facts. Comparison photos of the same color '68 as yours with concise heritage info is perfect! My $0.02

OP
OP
B

bztz4m

Is there a list of all the options avaible options for the '68 GT/CS if I could get that I could create a display with all options, colors etc. for the '68 and '07.

Midnight Special

Is there a list of all the options avaible options for the '68 GT/CS if I could get that I could create a display with all options, colors etc. for the '68 and '07.

Yes there is, but mine isn't handy. Someone here will bring you a list...

I think that if you display your pictures, your '07 VIN report and the '68 options list - but have all your other data handy in a folder should it come up in conversation with someone who would like to know more.... It's a fun way to keep the dialog interesting with details ready for those who want, but not to discourage people from taking pictures of your car for all the "paper" surrounding or taped to it.

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

I think the same colors and options were the same for the GT/CS as they were for your typical 68 Mustang coupe.

OP
OP
B

bztz4m

Yes there is, but mine isn't handy. Someone here will bring you a list...

I think that if you display your pictures, your '07 VIN report and the '68 options list - but have all your other data handy in a folder should it come up in a conversation with someone who would like to know more.... It's a fun way to keep the dialog interesting with details ready for those who want, but not to discourage people from taking pictures of your car for all the "paper" surrounding or taped to it.

I found a website that had 1968 options and base prices, but I could not find a list of the California Special options and prices. There was a list of dealer installed items but no prices for the dealer options. The GT/CS was it available in a 428 CJ? I think it was but not many were made. And your idea about the folder is a good one put everything in a binder for them to look through.

Midnight Special

I found a website that had 1968 options and base prices, but I could not find a list of the California Special options and prices. There was a list of dealer installed items but no prices for the dealer options. The GT/CS was it available in a 428 CJ? I think it was but not many were made. And your idea about the folder is a good one put everything in a binder for them to look through.

Rhonda is right, all options for GT/CS are same as ordinary coupes including 428s. "California Special" itself was one of those options and didn't have its own VIN code like Shelby's. The only way to ID one for sure would be a build sheet, dealer window sticker or today's Marti Report...

Mustanglvr

If you look through the gallery, you might find someones build sheet. It will tell you how much the California Special option cost.

Mosesatm

There were 3 GT/CSs and either 6 or 9 HCSs sold with 428s in 68. The 3 GT/CSs are accounted for. Don't know how many of the HCSs are still missing. HCBob????

The GT/CS was it available in a 428 CJ? I think it was but not many were made.

hicountrybob

There were 3 GT/CSs and either 6 or 9 HCSs sold with 428s in 68. The 3 GT/CSs are accounted for. Don't know how many of the HCSs are still missing. HCBob????
MOS, 6 HCS cars w/ the 428CJ are in the HCS registry. Kevin Marti told me I'm missing 3 more (and I have the vins for these 3 cars). Are they still out there? Remember the saying? "Who knows what the wild goose knows". I think they are dead and buried, 'cause of all the hype in the car hobby about the big block cars (not just Mustangs) and this site also in front of car people, I would think a 428 HCS owner (or even his neighbor) would step up to the plate, wouldn't you?????????? Maybe not, HC Bob here.

OP
OP
B

bztz4m

Very cool. How'd you get such a details report on the VIN?

Go to your local Ford Dealer's parts dept. ask the Tech. for a HVBoM report and give them your VIN number, it will produce a 8 page report from their web site. The report has alot of infomation but it does not tell you that your car is GT/CS but as you can see with my report it has alot of details.

OP
OP
B

bztz4m

It's ok Bob it is almost Friday.....YEAH.........WEEKEND...

somethingspecial

Window sticker pricing.

Off my window sticker:
Base price was $2601.78.
With a 289 2v v8 engine was an extra $105.63, Total base vehicle $2707.41
390 4V GT 8 Cyl. Engine: $158.08
The GT/CS package was an extra $194.31.
F/G body side scoops
F/G Qtr. Panel Ext.
F/G Deck Lid Spoiler
F/G Lower back Panel
Rectang Fog Lamps