• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dare I ask? Post Photos of ourselves?

Mustanger

PNewitt said:
Would it be too "daring" to see if we'd like to post photos of ourselves? (and/or with our GT/CS?)

Uh...Perhaps our best photos--our driver's license shot? NOT!!

We had a thread some time ago about "what do you do", etc., and it was wildly successful...(some of you new folks should go to that one and see it).

Anyway...since Rhonda suggested me putting my photo on the back cover <modest sigh>, So, I thought I'd throw this out there and see what happens...

Paul.

Hey Paul,

That's a good pic you have ... how about, since you're a world-renown-author, a pic with you in a turtle neck with a pipe in hand ... you know, "the distinguished look" ...

Mustanglvr

Thats the exact picture of Paul I envisioned for the back of his book when I suggested it. You`re pretty good Mustanger!

68gt390

68sunlitgold said:
Paul, make sure you keep a copy of the new book for me and Don make sure the car models don't all sell out. I hope everyone has a good rest of the summer and I will talk to everyone soon.

Doug

Doug;
Not to worry. If you want send me an email with how many and what color's you want and I'll make sure you get them. And what ever you do over there "DON'T DRINK THE WATER". When I was in Saudi back in 1989, one of our Lt's drank the local water and it wasn't a pretty site for several days.
Take care and be safe.

Don :wink:

PFSlim

The first picture is of myself and my brother Brian (PBgt/cs) at World of Wheels. That is his AC Cobra Replica with the 428 motor.

The second picture is of myself and Brian Beatty when we finally got our two Acapulco Blue GT/CS's together. BB signs on to this site once and awhile.

Paul

Attachments

• WofW055.JPG
    WofW055.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC01056.JPG
    DSC01056.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 81

Midnight Special

...Paul, I put my blue clone in the 4th of July parade this year. Lot's of compliments on the color blue! :)

Attachments

• t4th-e.jpg
    t4th-e.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IM003203.JPG
    IM003203.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IM003204.JPG
    IM003204.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IM003208.JPG
    IM003208.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 45

Midnight Special

Re: photos so far...

Stacey - NICE PHOTO! (see; I was right;-)

Donna - Get on the stick! Something tells me you're the reason Paul innitiated this thread! ;-)

Doug - Adequate words fail me in expressing our immense appreciation for you. Please take good care!

....68MX - Nice convertible!

Tworings - 'Nice to see you (two) too!

Mustanger

Mustanglvr said:
Thats the exact picture of Paul I envisioned for the back of his book when I suggested it. You`re pretty good Mustanger!

Thanks, Rhonda ... if Paul would go for it, he would be in good company with this guy ...

Attachments

• bullitttrutleneck.jpg
    bullitttrutleneck.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 76

Perkchiro

Here is me, in the garage as usual, working on my CS engine and tranny hook-up and looking grease covered. :grin:

Steve

Attachments

• Engine and Transmission 2.jpg
    Engine and Transmission 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 97

Stacey Enderle

CS will turn heads!

Midnight Special said:
Stacey - NICE PHOTO! (see; I was right;-)

Donna - Get on the stick! Something tells me you're the reason Paul innitiated this thread! ;-)

Doug - Adequate words fail me in expressing our immense appreciation for you. Please take good care!

....68MX - Nice convertible!

Tworings - 'Nice to see you (two) too!

Thankyou, :smile:

That P-51 (if I'm correct) is that your plane? That must be alot of fun flying in that. Your CS also looked very awesome in that parade! Nice photos all the way around, you as well as your vehicles!

Stacey

hookedtrout

Here's a few pictures, me with a nice trout on the river here by the house and a picture of me and my fly fishing partner Mike while we were riding in Moab, I'm on the right, and one of my wife Trina and our son Squeak while on vacation in New Mexico.

Attachments

• Moab 2006 078.jpg
    Moab 2006 078.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Henry's Fork 05_1158.jpg
    Henry's Fork 05_1158.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 55
  • New Mexico_0507.jpg
    New Mexico_0507.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 58

Mosesatm

Barb and I are in Whistler this week. Picture was taken today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Stacey Enderle said:
Here I am,...keep in mind that this photo was taken about 20 years ago, but the only difference is that I have smaller glasses and my hair has some gray high lights. Otherwise, I'm pretty much the same. :smile:

Stacey

Stacey--

Just how did you get Sally Fields to sit in your GT/CS for a picture?

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Mustanger said:
Thanks, Rhonda ... if Paul would go for it, he would be in good company with this guy ...

Yeah, thanks, but um....Steve McQueen is..um...dead! Good Company?? Yikes! I need an ambulance! Don-n-n--aaaaa!!!! Heellpp!!!!

..on a related Bullitt note....McQueen helped one of the casting directors buy a white GT/CS while filming the airport scenes. Apparently (tho' not in the movie) a green CS was on a turntable on display in SFO Airport! As the movie was being filmed (chase scenes) McQueen had to move her white CS, so it wouldn't be in the background. That would distracted viewers from the fastback. More about this CS will be in the book.

Stacey Enderle

Nice Try, get your REAL picture in!

Mustanger said:

Nice try, get your REAL picture in, don't be bashful. I'm already being accused by Paul LOL that I put Sally Fields in my CS!!!

Stacey:cheesy:

Stacey Enderle

Where's my individuality????

PNewitt said:
Stacey--

Just how did you get Sally Fields to sit in your GT/CS for a picture?

Paul.

Paul--

I've heard of CS clones, but me? a clone to Sally Fields???? I could cry!!!LOL
Would someone shut that cloning machine off?

Stacey:eek:

PFSlim

I have posted this picture before, thought it would be a good time to post again. This was a really cool day to get our two cars together in Kansas City. Brian B has helped us so much with our restoration by providing guidance and parts. We both exchanged rides to see how another GT/CS felt on the move!!

Paul

Attachments

• DSC01051.JPG
    DSC01051.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01052.JPG
    DSC01052.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 48

Mustanger

PNewitt said:
Yeah, thanks, but um....Steve McQueen is..um...dead! Good Company?? Yikes! I need an ambulance! Don-n-n--aaaaa!!!! Heellpp!!!! ...

No, no, Paul, not the "dead factor" but the "turtleneck factor," but especially the "cool factor" ... boy, got myself into hot water again!! ... although, with this heatwave, I think it's still cooler in the hot water than it is outside (whew!!) ... 'think I should hit the beach ... maybe even "Surf City" ...

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 55