• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Does your CS/HCS have a pet name?

Diesel Donna

Just wondering how many of you have a name for your Mustang. What is it and how did you decide to name him/her that?

Russ

Donna, All of my antique cars have names....I guess I like to personalize each of them. My Highland green CS is named "Cali" after a blond actress, my GT is named "Trudy Jean" after her original owner and my "new" 73 convertible is named "Babbitt" after it original owner. All of my Model T's have names too. I think it's fun to name your cars.

Russ

tworings

I've named my GT/CS "Buttercup" - much to the dismay of my husband and his car guy friends. LOL Buttercup because she's Meadowlark Yellow, and it just sounded like a name for a pony.

Midnight Special

...My black & Gold one is the "Midnight Special" as that song was stuck in my head the whole time we were going down to get it ;-)

My wife named the others:
White w/ red = "Cream Puff" 'cuz its color, plus it rides & sounds so smooth.
Red w/ black = The "Cranberry".
Highland Green 390 = simply "Green Machine".
Blue w/ white (clone) = "Blueberry".
The Mach I = Big Red...

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Perkchiro

During this restoration process I'm experiencing, my car has had many different names, primarily given when I bust my knuckles on some bolt or subborn part! I don't think she'll end up with any of those names when I'm finished.

marie68csmustangs

Midnight Special said:
...My black & Gold one is the "Midnight Special" as that song was stuck in my head the whole time we were going down to get it ;-)

My wife named the others:
White w/ red = "Cream Puff" 'cuz its color, plus it rides & sounds so smooth.
Red w/ black = The "Cranberry".
Highland Green 390 = simply "Green Machine".
Blue w/ white (clone) = "Blueberry".
The Mach I = Big Red...

Tim - What name does Frances have for the other Mach 1? :))

Midnight Special

marie68csmustangs said:
Tim - What name does Frances have for the other Mach 1? :))

Yeah, she loosely refers to it as the "Bumble Bee". But will likely have a new name after its restoration...

Attachments

• yellow2.jpg
    yellow2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Mustanglvr

My GT/CS`s name is "Ruthie" after my mother Ruth who started me in my love and passion for Mustangs. Her 1970 Acapulco blue Mach 1 was named "The Blue Max". I`m still searching for it.

Kahuna

She has always been called "Baby" Don't remember when or who started calling her that.

hotrodgrany

Kahuna said:
She has always been called "Baby" Don't remember when or who started calling her that.
I called my silver 05 Mustang GT the Silverstreak and this black one,Blackbeauty and the 04 Mustang GT convert was where I got the name Redhotgranny from my niece and just stuck with it.

TheBlkPearl

I have always given names to my cars....Cory corvette, Elli El camino, Vince the VW etc. My CS is The Black Pearl but I usually just call it Pearl - a pirate kind of thing.

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

TheBlkPearl said:
I have always given names to my cars....Cory corvette, Elli El camino, Vince the VW etc. My CS is The Black Pearl but I usually just call it Pearl - a pirate kind of thing.

My late husband called his beloved 74 El Camino 'Elky" or the 'El Camino Re-al'

68gt390

Diesel Donna said:
Just wondering how many of you have a name for your Mustang. What is it and how did you decide to name him/her that?

I've always called my CS the Dream Machine and like Tim I call my Highland Green GT the Green Machine.

Hey Donna what was that name you gave your car in the Gallery? :thumb: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

68gt390 said:
I've always called my CS the Dream Machine and like Tim I call my Highland Green GT the Green Machine.

Hey Donna what was that name you gave your car in the Gallery? :thumb: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don

Um...um...I swear I always called mine the green machine too. Isn't that what I said? AHEM.

somethingspecial

I never had a name for our car until we purchased it back from Bob McClurg. He titled the article "Project Something Special". He asked me if I had a name for the car, and liking the article name, my wife and I decided to call it "Something Special", because that is exactly what she is. And that goes to both of them. Mike

P

PNewitt

somethingspecial said:
I never had a name for our car until we purchased it back from Bob McClurg. He titled the article "Project Something Special". He asked me if I had a name for the car, and liking the article name, my wife and I decided to call it "Something Special", because that is exactly what she is. And that goes to both of them. Mike

Maybe you should change it's name to "Queen FoMoCo".

:p