• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Gone But Not Forgotten

franklinair

Got a call this morning from Blaine (abcan), and he finally got delivery of the C/S. He sounded like a happy camper. I'm sure he'll enjoy the car, as it IS an absolute sweetheart.
Now I'll have to keep my eyes & ears open for another C/S so I don't get kicked off this site!!
I can handle engine work, suspension, etc. but I can't do the framework/floorpan stuff anymore. Oh, to be 50 again!!!
I told Blaine to get involved in this website- a wealth of info & support.
Next week all our families are coming here for Thanksgiving (so far, 28 for dinner), and I wish all my friends here a Happy Thanksgiving.

Neil

Midnight Special

Won't do any good. As soon as he sells his convertible on eBay he'll be back with another GT/CS!

Hmm... Good point!
'Wonder if we can move Papa Neil out to California where he could have ALL the Specials he wants!
:)

Attachments

• mdisp1.jpg
    mdisp1.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 28

Northern Pony

Went over to see Blaine's new car today ( Neil's old ). He is estatic with it, and more than pleased with the deal and the car. Nice holding to your price Neil. The car arrived in roughly +5 F weather with snow on the ground, delivered to his door thank goodness as you wouldn't want to be driving it on our streets right now.

We can't get rid of our God Father, seems to me I rember something about getting a horse head in your bed. Neil is just too much of a gentleman and a wealth of information for this site, we need to keep him around for a long time.

Very nice car to add to the Calgary scene, have to get him cruising with the other Cal/Specs in town.
Neil, your invited to Calgary any time you miss your car.
BoB

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Well, let's see if we could work this out: I could move my airport FBO operation to Grass Valley, have visitation rights to Tim's stable of Mustangs, Renee' could be my lookout for another C/S, Rob would be required to make quarterly visits, and Big Mike would supply security. I'm in!!

Neil:wink:

robert campbell

Well, let's see if we could work this out: I could move my airport FBO operation to Grass Valley, have visitation rights to Tim's stable of Mustangs, Renee' could be my lookout for another C/S, Rob would be required to make quarterly visits, and Big Mike would supply security. I'm in!!

Neil:wink:

WELCOME DAD!!! Can I help you move!!

Ruppstang

That's a long hard trip to Calafornia. I think it would be good if Neil would stop in Nebraska for a few months before he moves on. Neil you would not get board we have plenty of Mustangs to drive and a HCS to finish. Sound good?

Midnight Special

We can't get rid of our God Father, seems to me I rember something about getting a horse head in your bed..... we need to keep him around for a long time.

BoB

...Oh my gosh!... 'Just figured it out!

The HORRORS!!...

Neil...uh... Godfather. Please stay on our site!!

Attachments

• nhs.jpg
    nhs.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

abcan

It's going to the longest winter ever for me, I can hardly wait to take my new car for a drive, I can't thank Neil enough , still a little surreal right now.

hookedtrout

It's going to the longest winter ever for me, I can hardly wait to take my new car for a drive, I can't thank Neil enough , still a little surreal right now.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that makes all my favorite purchases just as the season that doesn't allow you to play with the new purchase arrives. I swear I do that every time.