• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Muscle Car magazine January 2008

calspcl

There is an interesting read on a story in the subject magazine regarding the life and restoration of a 390, 4-speed GT/CS. I will try and scan and attach...

Attachments

• mustang- 1.jpg
    mustang- 1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 43
  • mustang-2.jpg
    mustang-2.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Mustang- 3.jpg
    Mustang- 3.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Mustang -4.jpg
    Mustang -4.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 52
  • mustang -5.jpg
    mustang -5.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 51
  • mustang- 6.jpg
    mustang- 6.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 47
P

PNewitt

Well, I kinda had a hand in that "destiny" to "Mustang Heck"....all those years ago, Bob McClurg asked me where he could find a 390 CS for $1,500. Mike wanted to sell it then...and, well, um...the rest is history.

What is important here is the last paragraph of the article, where is says how MCA "Gold Award" cars are usually "resto shop" cars. Mike proved them wrong, by doing it himself, in a garage with a gravel floor. How awesome is THAT?

"Something Special" is a concours flagship for the GT/CS!! Lots to be very proud of!! Thanks to Mike & "FoMoCo Robinette" for their fantastic award-winning GT/CS!!

(this proves that if you let something go, and if it comes back to you, you can keep it).

Paul N.

P

PNewitt

yo ho, yo ho.

Very nice!! Love the backdrop too! Casey

It's just that if you stand on the hood of the CS, and say: "I'm on top of the world", it looks a lot more silly than if you'd done it on the bow of the Queen Mary.

Throw me a Life Saver (....what flavor?). Ugh.

PN.