• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Would like to join your GT/CS "family"

Mustanglvr

Also Amy, never leave spilled gas on or under your gas cap or anywhere on your car. It can ruin the paint in no time. I always wipe up any spills right away.

Diesel Donna

LUVMYCS said:
Thanks for the tip, Donna!

I think it's pretty cool that your ambulance came from Deal, NJ!
Like to see pics!

I've been meaning to get some pictures on here sometime. When I get some good pictures I may put them in my gallery so I don't bother the folks here who would have no interest in such a car. It is the funniest car I have ever had, the reaction from people is incredible!

tworings

Diesel Donna said:
GREAT! A family reunion!!!

Amy - welcome to the group! We just got our GTCS this February and this forum has been a wealth of support and information as we begin our restoration process.

Donna - looking forward to seeing you at John Force. I'll bring my camera and get a more up-to-date picture of you. You may have to look twice for Buttercup - she's missing her side scoops (still being painted) and no stripes yet on the back. But her new wheels look good! Look what I made to wear to the car show :grin:

Attachments

• GTCS Bracelet.jpg
    GTCS Bracelet.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 18

marie68csmustangs

Well, two Augusy B-days here :)) Mine is the 17th.. Wonder how many are in August? I'm probably the only female on here without a GT/CS But, I have the next best thing a friend that has four origional ones!! :))

Marie

OP
OP
L

LUVMYCS

Marie is your friend on this site? I'd like to see pics of the cars!

Maybe one day you can get your friend to sell you one! LOL

OP
OP
L

LUVMYCS

Real nice cars! One question though, why would you want a clone if you already own 4 originals? I guess only Midnight Special can answer that one.

tworings

Diesel Donna said:
WOW! Cool beans! And it matches MY car!!! Or is that yellow??

Silly Donna - of course those are buttercup yellow crystals. :grin: But I could do one in highland (olive) green.

Diesel Donna

marie68csmustangs said:
Oohh!!! Donna... Yeah, hopefully one day we can get your ambulance and Tim's firetruck together for some photo ops...

Marie

Marie that would be great if only we weren't several hundred miles away from each other and didn't have such huge gas guzzlers!

Midnight Special

LUVMYCS said:
Real nice cars! One question though, why would you want a clone if you already own 4 originals? I guess only Midnight Special can answer that one.

...Welcome Amy - I see you're already in great company here ;-)

I acquired the clone because it was a zero-timed show ready restomod that I could modify without molesting an original GT/CS. I'm thinking of adding a stroked 351W and 4-speed down the road. It's more or less for "play"...

Attachments

• b12.jpg
    b12.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 17
  • showcardblue.jpg
    showcardblue.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 17

Mustanglvr

tworings said:
Silly Donna - of course those are buttercup yellow crystals. :grin: But I could do one in highland (olive) green.

Tworings, Highland green is like a Hunter (dark) green. Donna`s car is Lime-Gold (olive) green.
I think that necklace is very pretty. So you made that yourself? Do you make others?

OP
OP
L

LUVMYCS

Thanks for the explaination Midnight Special. You have some really nice looking cars! It would be cool to own a fleet and I think you're well on your way! Another question about the clone though, are the door tag information and vin# different than an original GT/CS or can you get a copy made? I'm just trying to learn the difference between a clone and an original and how to tell the difference. I know the Marti Report will authenticate it but how do you know if the Marti isn't a fake?

tworings

Mustanglvr said:
Tworings, Highland green is like a Hunter (dark) green. Donna`s car is Lime-Gold (olive) green.
I think that necklace is very pretty. So you made that yourself? Do you make others?

I've seen Donna's car, so I was picturing the olive color. Silly me to assume that was the "Highland" green! LOL This is actually a bracelet, yes, I made it myself (beading is my hobby), yes, I can make more and try and find the perfect color crystals to match a car. You can PM me if you want to discuss. So what IS the name of Donna's color? :grin:

Midnight Special

LUVMYCS said:
Thanks for the explaination Midnight Special. You have some really nice looking cars! It would be cool to own a fleet and I think you're well on your way! Another question about the clone though, are the door tag information and vin# different than an original GT/CS or can you get a copy made? I'm just trying to learn the difference between a clone and an original and how to tell the difference. I know the Marti Report will authenticate it but how do you know if the Marti isn't a fake?

This clone was made from a '67 coupe and perhaps the biggest give-away is the Mustang emblem and block letters on the front fenders. It's also minus the hood locks and correct fog lights. I would never go so far as to fake a door tag or vin. As you saw from the show sign I posted earlier - I make bones it's a clone. But it has the look & when you're driving around, few are the wiser. But if they ask - I tell the truth.

There was another clone at a recent show that had a Dearborn vin#, but the guy told everyone it's the real deal... 'Not my style!